Can I print a return address on the back of an envelope?

=?Utf-8?B?QmFybmV5QmVhZ2xl?=

      17th Aug 2005
Hi, anyone know if its possible to print the return address on the back of an
envelope, in a more formal manner (i.e. Wedding Invitation).
I can only seem to find the option to print on the front side of the
envelope, thanks much for any help!!!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      17th Aug 2005
It will depend a lot on your printer. You are most likely to have success if
you can feed the envelope into the printer bottom first with the flap open.
Open the flap of the envelope and draw around it onto a standard sheet of
paper (aligned center, left, or right according to how you will need to feed
the envelope into the printer). Then measure to where you would need to put
the address and adjust your margins on a standard page to put the address
there. Test this on a sheet of paper until you get it right, then test on an
envelope cutout before trying it with a real envelope. Even then, you may
get less than perfect results because of the varying paper thicknesses.

If you have to feed the envelope lengthwise, you may be able to use the same
technique with a landscape layout, but this is likely to be successful only
if the envelope feeds from the left (face up) or right (face down).

As you can see, there's a lot of trial and error involved. Generally
speaking, though, I would expect better printing results (especially from a
laser printer) with the flap open rather than closed.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"BarneyBeagle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, anyone know if its possible to print the return address on the back of

an
> envelope, in a more formal manner (i.e. Wedding Invitation).
> I can only seem to find the option to print on the front side of the
> envelope, thanks much for any help!!!

Graham Mayor

      18th Aug 2005
Or you could simply use an envelope template and print the back separately ?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
> It will depend a lot on your printer. You are most likely to have
> success if you can feed the envelope into the printer bottom first
> with the flap open. Open the flap of the envelope and draw around it
> onto a standard sheet of paper (aligned center, left, or right
> according to how you will need to feed the envelope into the
> printer). Then measure to where you would need to put the address and
> adjust your margins on a standard page to put the address there. Test
> this on a sheet of paper until you get it right, then test on an
> envelope cutout before trying it with a real envelope. Even then, you
> may get less than perfect results because of the varying paper
> thicknesses.
>
> If you have to feed the envelope lengthwise, you may be able to use
> the same technique with a landscape layout, but this is likely to be
> successful only if the envelope feeds from the left (face up) or
> right (face down).
>
> As you can see, there's a lot of trial and error involved. Generally
> speaking, though, I would expect better printing results (especially
> from a laser printer) with the flap open rather than closed.
>

> "BarneyBeagle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi, anyone know if its possible to print the return address on the
>> back of an envelope, in a more formal manner (i.e. Wedding
>> Invitation).
>> I can only seem to find the option to print on the front side of the
>> envelope, thanks much for any help!!!

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      18th Aug 2005
I wasn't suggesting that the back be printed other than separately.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type