How can I prevent converting "Petz 3.exe" to "PETZ3~1.EXE" under compat. mode

Slinkavitch

      9th Jul 2003
In Windows XP, when I run "Petz 3.exe" under
compatibility mode for Windows98/ME, it changes the
filename to "PETZ3~1.EXE", and the program doesnt work
unless it is named exactly "Petz 3.exe". How can I
prevent it from changing the filename?

Homer J. Simpson

      10th Jul 2003
"Slinkavitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0dbf01c34661$b4f6efc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Windows XP, when I run "Petz 3.exe" under
> compatibility mode for Windows98/ME, it changes the
> filename to "PETZ3~1.EXE", and the program doesnt work
> unless it is named exactly "Petz 3.exe". How can I
> prevent it from changing the filename?

Spaces in filenames and "compatibility mode" are mutually exclusive. You
can't have ol' DOS suddenly become able to handle spaces.