can not send messages

dragonwings

      1st Aug 2010
I tryed sending out a message and this error message popped up
The host 'BenLomand' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
the server name correctly.
Subject 'driver license', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'BenLomand', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

Gary VanderMolen

      1st Aug 2010
"BenLomand" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail
server names from your mail provider.
Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
mail service provider.
Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email
address, we can help with that also.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"dragonwings" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

I tryed sending out a message and this error message popped up
The host 'BenLomand' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
the server name correctly.
Subject 'driver license', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'BenLomand', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

joe

      3rd Aug 2010

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> "BenLomand" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail
> server names from your mail provider.
> Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
> your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
> mail service provider.
> Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
> set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
> your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email
> address, we can help with that also.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "dragonwings" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I tryed sending out a message and this error message popped up
> The host 'BenLomand' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
> the server name correctly.
> Subject 'driver license', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'BenLomand', Protocol:
> SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0D
>

> .

joe

      3rd Aug 2010

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> "BenLomand" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail
> server names from your mail provider.
> Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
> your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
> mail service provider.
> Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
> set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
> your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email
> address, we can help with that also.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "dragonwings" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I tryed sending out a message and this error message popped up
> The host 'BenLomand' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
> the server name correctly.
> Subject 'driver license', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'BenLomand', Protocol:
> SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0D
>

> .i see but how do you resolve it ,i'm not getting the option to change it.thank you

Gary VanderMolen

      4th Aug 2010
Change what, the server name?
Tools, Accounts, select the account, Properties, Servers.

"joe" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> "BenLomand" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail
> server names from your mail provider.
> Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
> your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
> mail service provider.
> Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
> set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
> your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email
> address, we can help with that also.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "dragonwings" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I tryed sending out a message and this error message popped up
> The host 'BenLomand' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
> the server name correctly.
> Subject 'driver license', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'BenLomand', Protocol:
> SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0D
>

> .i see but how do you resolve it ,i'm not getting the option to change it.thank you

FRANK WELLS

      9th Aug 2010

news:(E-Mail Removed)...