can MS PAINT convert to grayscale?

Greg

      11th Nov 2008
I have someone that doesnt have photoshop or any other photo editing program
that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows. I could have
swore I have done it before but cant find that feature anymore. Does Paint
have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

Terry R.

      11th Nov 2008
The date and time was 11/11/2008 1:19 PM, and on a whim, Greg pounded
out on the keyboard:

> I have someone that doesnt have photoshop or any other photo editing program
> that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows. I could have
> swore I have done it before but cant find that feature anymore. Does Paint
> have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

Hi Greg,

Paint can't do it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms_Paint

Have them download Gimp. It's free and can easily do the job.
http://www.gimp.org/

--
Terry R.

***Reply Note***

db.·.. >

      11th Nov 2008
perhaps not, unless
the optin to save as
monochrome will do
it.

however, microsoft provides
a free ware called "live photo
gallery".

with it you can "fix" the color
saturation to near zero,
making the photo b/w.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have someone that doesnt have photoshop or any other photo editing program
> that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows. I could have
> swore I have done it before but cant find that feature anymore. Does Paint
> have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

3c273

      11th Nov 2008
I don't think Paint can do that but you can download Irfanview for free and
it will do what you want. www.irfanview.com
Louis

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have someone that doesnt have photoshop or any other photo editing

program
> that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows. I could have
> swore I have done it before but cant find that feature anymore. Does

Paint
> have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

Richard in AZ

      12th Nov 2008
The free program called Irfanview does this very well. www.irfanview.com
Irfanview can do a lot of basic improvement to photos as well and is easy to learn.

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
|I have someone that doesnt have photoshop or any other photo editing program
| that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows. I could have
| swore I have done it before but cant find that feature anymore. Does Paint
| have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

Mark Blain

      12th Nov 2008
=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> I have someone that doesnt have photoshop or any other photo editing
> program that comes to mind other than Paint that comes with Windows.
> I could have swore I have done it before but cant find that feature
> anymore. Does Paint have a way to convert photos to grayscale?

IrfanView is a common free third-party tool that can convert individual
files or batch-convert multiple files to grayscale.