How can I make a drop down box visible within a worksheet?

=?Utf-8?B?c2tpdHRsZXNfZ29sZg==?=

      25th Apr 2007
I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny

Peo Sjoblom

      25th Apr 2007
You can't using data>validation, you can if you use a combobox from the
control toolbox

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make
>them
> visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the
> arrow
> doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite
> sure
> how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
> --
> Jenny

=?Utf-8?B?c2tpdHRsZXNfZ29sZg==?=

      25th Apr 2007
How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
--
Jenny

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> You can't using data>validation, you can if you use a combobox from the
> control toolbox
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make
> >them
> > visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the
> > arrow
> > doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite
> > sure
> > how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
> > --
> > Jenny

Peo Sjoblom

      26th Apr 2007
Office button > Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is selected.
Click the Developer tab > Controls > Insert Combobox from the active x
controls,
right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that opens.
Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode button
to get out
of design mode

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
> --
> Jenny
>

> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> You can't using data>validation, you can if you use a combobox from the
>> control toolbox
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make
>> >them
>> > visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the
>> > arrow
>> > doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite
>> > sure
>> > how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
>> > --
>> > Jenny

sparrot

      6th May 2008
I am not sure what you mean by "Put the range with your list in the
> listfillrange and the cell you want to link to" I got to that part and am stumped.

Thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Office button > Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is selected.
> Click the Developer tab > Controls > Insert Combobox from the active x
> controls,
> right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that opens.
> Put the range with your list in the
> listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode button
> to get out
> of design mode
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> Northwest Excel Solutions
> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> (Remove ^^ from email)
>
> "skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
> > --
> > Jenny
> >

> > "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
> >
> >> You can't using data>validation, you can if you use a combobox from the
> >> control toolbox
> >>

> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Peo Sjoblom
> >>

> >> "skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Peo Sjoblom

      6th May 2008
If the range is A2:A150 then type that in the listfillrange (click in the
box to the right of the word listfillrange
and type it there then close the properties window)

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"sparrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am not sure what you mean by "Put the range with your list in the
>> listfillrange and the cell you want to link to" I got to that part and
>> am stumped.

> Thanks
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> Office button > Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is
>> selected.
>> Click the Developer tab > Controls > Insert Combobox from the active x
>> controls,
>> right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that
>> opens.
>> Put the range with your list in the
>> listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode
>> button
>> to get out
>> of design mode
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
>> Northwest Excel Solutions
>> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
>> (Remove ^^ from email)
>>
>> "skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
>> > --
>> > Jenny

Shane Devenshire

      6th May 2008
Hi Sparrot,

Why not add a comment to the appropriate cells and show the comment. Or you
could format the cells with a different color file or a border, then teach
your users what those formats mean. You could even conditional format the
cells to have a color until the user picks an entry from them.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"sparrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am not sure what you mean by "Put the range with your list in the
>> listfillrange and the cell you want to link to" I got to that part and
>> am stumped.

> Thanks
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> Office button > Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is
>> selected.
>> Click the Developer tab > Controls > Insert Combobox from the active x
>> controls,
>> right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that
>> opens.
>> Put the range with your list in the
>> listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode
>> button
>> to get out
>> of design mode
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>> Excel 95 - Excel 2007
>> Northwest Excel Solutions
>> www.nwexcelsolutions.com
>> (Remove ^^ from email)
>>
>> "skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
>> > --
>> > Jenny

Bonnie

      16th May 2008
OMG is everyone kidding? all you have to do is click on the cell you want to
have the drop down box arrow appear then go to DATA on the menu toolbar and
click FILTER then Click AUTO FILTER thats it. also make sure u highlight the
information you want to appear in the drop down menu.

"sparrot" wrote:

> I am not sure what you mean by "Put the range with your list in the
> > listfillrange and the cell you want to link to" I got to that part and am stumped.

> Thanks
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
> > Office button > Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is selected.
> > Click the Developer tab > Controls > Insert Combobox from the active x
> > controls,
> > right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that opens.
> > Put the range with your list in the
> > listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode button
> > to get out
> > of design mode
> >

> > --
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > Excel 95 - Excel 2007
> > Northwest Excel Solutions
> > www.nwexcelsolutions.com
> > (Remove ^^ from email)
> >
> > "skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
> > > --
> > > Jenny

Peo Sjoblom

      16th May 2008
You might want to check out the original post before you post something

The OP asked

"How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007"

it has nothing to do with autofilter

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Bonnie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OMG is everyone kidding? all you have to do is click on the cell you want
> have the drop down box arrow appear then go to DATA on the menu toolbar
> and
> click FILTER then Click AUTO FILTER thats it. also make sure u highlight
> the
> information you want to appear in the drop down menu.
>
> "sparrot" wrote:
>
>> I am not sure what you mean by "Put the range with your list in the
>> > listfillrange and the cell you want to link to" I got to that part and
>> > am stumped.

>> Thanks
>>
>> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>>
>> > Office button > Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is
>> > selected.
>> > Click the Developer tab > Controls > Insert Combobox from the active x
>> > controls,
>> > right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that
>> > opens.
>> > Put the range with your list in the
>> > listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode
>> > button
>> > to get out
>> > of design mode
>> >

>> > --
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Peo Sjoblom
>> >
>> > Excel 95 - Excel 2007
>> > Northwest Excel Solutions
>> > www.nwexcelsolutions.com
>> > (Remove ^^ from email)
>> >
>> > "skittles_golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Bonnie

      16th May 2008
Yes i did and that wasn't the original post .. the original post was that she
wanted the drop down box to be visible .. not just when she clicked on the
cell she was on. The combo box was an answer to it then someone asked about
the combo box.