Can I get excel to sho me the contents of worksheet while scrolling?

Sirritys

      27th Jun 2006
And by scrolling I mean dragging from the side scroller.

Thanks for the answer =)

-Sirritys

Franz Verga

      27th Jun 2006
Nel post news:(E-Mail Removed)
*Sirritys* ha scritto:

> And by scrolling I mean dragging from the side scroller.
>

> Thanks for the answer =)
>
> -Sirritys

Hi Sirritys,

I'm not sure to have well understood what you mean, but maybe you can try
this:

select column C, then from menu Window, Freeze Panes. In this way you'll see
always column A e B on the screen while horizontal scrolling.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Sirritys

      27th Jun 2006
Thanks for trying Mr. Verga, but that wasn't quit what I ment.

Here is what I mean is that when I scroll spreadsheet the data stays
still while I'm holding the "side scroller" and when I release excel
displays the data from the place I scrolled to.

But This is not nice feature when I'm browsing the spreadsheet and
trying to find something.

I hope this was little better explanation. (I know it isn't, but I
can't figure how to explain it better way

actually you could compare it to windows "show window contents while
dragging". =)

RagDyeR

      27th Jun 2006
I don't recall which version this feature started with, but if you don't
have it now, your version is too old.

I have it on my XL02, and don't have it on my XL97.

Nothing you can do except upgrade.
--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Sirritys" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Thanks for trying Mr. Verga, but that wasn't quit what I ment.

Here is what I mean is that when I scroll spreadsheet the data stays
still while I'm holding the "side scroller" and when I release excel
displays the data from the place I scrolled to.

But This is not nice feature when I'm browsing the spreadsheet and
trying to find something.

I hope this was little better explanation. (I know it isn't, but I
can't figure how to explain it better way

actually you could compare it to windows "show window contents while
dragging". =)

Sirritys

      28th Jun 2006

Thanks, I inform my company management to update it's 10 years aold
software ;-)

I have xl '97

-Sirritys

Ragdyer

      28th Jun 2006
You've waited so long, wait a little longer for the *new* XL07 to be
released.