How Can I Fix the Sound in Windows Movie Maker?

=?Utf-8?B?RGFGOA==?=

      21st Aug 2004
Whenever I pull a clip onto the timeline, the sound changes. When I play
back the story board, the audio from the clips sounds...well, like chipmunks
- sped up, high pitched, and impossible to understand. How can I fix the
sound?

=?Utf-8?B?am9kMw==?=

      23rd Aug 2004
I have the same problem, the viedo seems fine but the audio is sped up, is
there a fix?

"DaF8" wrote:

> Whenever I pull a clip onto the timeline, the sound changes. When I play
> back the story board, the audio from the clips sounds...well, like chipmunks
> - sped up, high pitched, and impossible to understand. How can I fix the
> sound?

Dean Rowe [MS]

      23rd Aug 2004
If the audio is playing too fast, we have seen this with some versions of
WinDVD installed. Do you have
that installed?

If so, see http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;814837

If you don't want to upgrade your version of WinDVD, although it's not
supported, you should also be able to fix it by renaming a couple of files.
In your WinDVD program directory you should see the two files iviaudio.ax &
ivivideo.ax, rename them to something like _iviaudio.ax & _ivideo.ax. Do
your stuff in MovieMaker and when you want to go back to WinDVD rename those
two files back again.
Regards
Dean Rowe

news:(E-Mail Removed)...