where can i find a simple/basic spreadsheet

=?Utf-8?B?dmFzdHNhcmFo?=

      13th Dec 2005
where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my credit cards
and loan weekly.
--
sarah

Ken Blake, MVP

      13th Dec 2005
vastsarah wrote:

> where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my
> credit cards and loan weekly.

Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has ever included a
spreadsheet program, nor any other significant appliacation program.

If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows, came with a
spreadsheet, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it as part of the
package he sold you, not because that version of Windows came with it. Some,
but not all, vendors do the same with Windows XP..

You can Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office (which includes Esxcel), Microsoft
Works, which includes a less capable spreadsheet, or any of several other
third-party spreadsheet products. If your needs are modest, you might want
to try the freeware OpenOffice at http://www.openoffice.org/

Please reply to the newsgroup

Larry

      13th Dec 2005

vastsarah wrote:
: where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my
: credit cards and loan weekly.
*****
Hi Sarah,

I have had good luck with the 602 suite of programs which is free to
non-commercial users. Includes a photo editor, photo organiser,
spreadsheet, word processor etc. Can be downloaded here
http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/download.html

Read about it here
http://www.software602.com/products/pcs/

Cheers,
Larry

R. C. White

      13th Dec 2005
Hi, Sarah.

As Ken said, Windows itself does not include a spreadsheet of any kind. But
my uncle's Dell came with Microsoft Works preinstalled - and that included a
worksheet. Maybe yours did, too. But you didn't tell us the make and model
of your computer - or anything else about it - so all we can do is guess.

Wal*Mart sells Microsoft Works. I don't recall the price, but I'm sure it's
under $50. The Works 8 includes several tools, such as a word processor, a
PowerPoint viewer and a calendar, in addition to the spreadsheet. The Works
Suite has more goodies for about $100. Have a look here for details:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/default.mspx

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"vastsarah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my credit
> cards
> and loan weekly.
> --
> sarah

Vanguard

      13th Dec 2005
"vastsarah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my credit
> cards
> and loan weekly.
> --
> sarah

Use tabs in Notepad. Well, you asked for simple.

OpenOffice is free (openoffice.org).

=?Utf-8?B?dmFzdHNhcmFo?=

      13th Dec 2005
thankyou,thankyou.
i have windows works and couldnt change any of their spreadsheets to my needs.
This site looks just what i wanted.
--
from
sarah

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> vastsarah wrote:
>
> > where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my
> > credit cards and loan weekly.

> Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has ever included a
> spreadsheet program, nor any other significant appliacation program.
>
> If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows, came with a
> spreadsheet, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it as part of the
> package he sold you, not because that version of Windows came with it. Some,
> but not all, vendors do the same with Windows XP..
>
> You can Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office (which includes Esxcel), Microsoft
> Works, which includes a less capable spreadsheet, or any of several other
> third-party spreadsheet products. If your needs are modest, you might want
> to try the freeware OpenOffice at http://www.openoffice.org/

> Please reply to the newsgroup

Shawn Modersohn

      13th Dec 2005
Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> vastsarah wrote:
>

>>where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my
>>credit cards and loan weekly.

> Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has ever included a
> spreadsheet program, nor any other significant appliacation program.
>
> If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows, came with a
> spreadsheet, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it as part of the
> package he sold you, not because that version of Windows came with it. Some,
> but not all, vendors do the same with Windows XP..
>
> You can Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office (which includes Esxcel), Microsoft
> Works, which includes a less capable spreadsheet, or any of several other
> third-party spreadsheet products. If your needs are modest, you might want
> to try the freeware OpenOffice at http://www.openoffice.org/

Seriously, no silly flame war intended, but I object to the use of the
word "modest". What can Excel do that Calc can't besides VB code,
seamless Office integration (Actually, it does handle Microsoft
documents surprisingly well), and Clippy animations?

To the MVP I admit I should have left out the Clippy jab.

To the original poster, http://www.openoffice.org , its an excellent
piece of software and surprisingly free.

Bruce Chambers

      15th Dec 2005
vastsarah wrote:
> where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my credit cards
> and loan weekly.

That would depend entirely upon what specific of spreadsheet
application you either ordered to be bundled along with the PC, or have
subsequently purchased and installed. WinXP, as an operating system,
naturally has no such capability.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Uncle Joe

      15th Dec 2005

"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> vastsarah wrote:
>> where on my computer can i find a simple speadsheet to track my credit cards and loan weekly.

> That would depend entirely upon what specific of spreadsheet application you either ordered to be bundled
> along with the PC, or have subsequently purchased and installed. WinXP, as an operating system, naturally
> has no such capability.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - RAH

You could search for "free spreadsheets" on Google and retrieve tons of "hits",
or you could buy Microsoft Works and get a good, solid spreadsheet. It's not
Excel but it's dependable and functional. Or, for around $99 (some discounts
may apply), you could buy Microsoft Works Suite and get the spreadsheet, MS
Word 2002, and Microsoft Money (which would handle both your credit card
and weekly loan data)...plus three other apps. You have many choices.