How can I enable the Aero effect?

yao

      4th Nov 2006
How can I enable the Aero effect?

My VGA card is ATi X300, and have 128M memory.

but where can I enable the AERO?

Rick Rogers

      4th Nov 2006
Hi yao,

Have you installed Vista display drivers yet?
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...&folderID=5712

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"yao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OlGPm4$$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I enable the Aero effect?
>
> My VGA card is ATi X300, and have 128M memory.
>
> but where can I enable the AERO?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

      4th Nov 2006
If you have the WDDM drivers installed as Rick suggested and you still don't
get Aero, its possible you might have enable it manually. Right click your
Desktop > click Personalize > click Windows Color and Appearance > under
themes > select Windows AERO > OK.

If it still does not appear, try updating your Windows Experience Index
Score. Click Start > right click Computer > click Properties > click the
Update Score link, accept UAC message.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
"yao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OlGPm4$$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I enable the Aero effect?
>
> My VGA card is ATi X300, and have 128M memory.
>
> but where can I enable the AERO?

Travis King

      4th Nov 2006
In addition to this, how much system RAM do you have? If you have less than
1GB of RAM, you need to do a registry hack to get Aero Glass to work if you
using the latest and last public build - 5744.
> If you have the WDDM drivers installed as Rick suggested and you still
> don't get Aero, its possible you might have enable it manually. Right
> click your Desktop > click Personalize > click Windows Color and
> Appearance > under themes > select Windows AERO > OK.
>
> If it still does not appear, try updating your Windows Experience Index
> Score. Click Start > right click Computer > click Properties > click the
> Update Score link, accept UAC message.
> --
> Andre
> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
> "yao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OlGPm4$$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How can I enable the Aero effect?
>>
>> My VGA card is ATi X300, and have 128M memory.
>>
>> but where can I enable the AERO?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

      4th Nov 2006
512, thanks for that tip Travis.
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
My Vista Quickstart Guide:
http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
"Travis King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In addition to this, how much system RAM do you have? If you have less
> than 1GB of RAM, you need to do a registry hack to get Aero Glass to work
> if you using the latest and last public build - 5744.
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you have the WDDM drivers installed as Rick suggested and you still
>> don't get Aero, its possible you might have enable it manually. Right
>> click your Desktop > click Personalize > click Windows Color and
>> Appearance > under themes > select Windows AERO > OK.
>>
>> If it still does not appear, try updating your Windows Experience Index
>> Score. Click Start > right click Computer > click Properties > click the
>> Update Score link, accept UAC message.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
>> My Vista Quickstart Guide:
>> http://adacosta.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E8E5CC039D51E3DB!9709.entry
>> "yao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OlGPm4$$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> How can I enable the Aero effect?
>>>
>>> My VGA card is ATi X300, and have 128M memory.
>>>
>>> but where can I enable the AERO?

Travis King

      4th Nov 2006
You're welcome. ; )