Can I draw Floor Plans with Excel or Power Point ?

Bud

      11th Apr 2008
I would like to draw simple floor plans for residential construction. Can I
use Excel or Power Point to do this instead of buying a cad program ?

Chad J.

      11th Apr 2008
Visio 2007 would be best to use for creating floor plans.

"Bud" wrote:

> I would like to draw simple floor plans for residential construction. Can I
> use Excel or Power Point to do this instead of buying a cad program ?

mike

      11th Apr 2008
It might be possible but it sure wouldn't be fun or easy. I've seen a few
free simple CAD programs on the net, that don't have much functionality but
would certainly be better than Excel. I can't recall any names right now but
you may want do some searching.

"Bud" wrote:

> I would like to draw simple floor plans for residential construction. Can I
> use Excel or Power Point to do this instead of buying a cad program ?

mike

      12th Apr 2008
I'll second Chad's notion, out of the MS programs Visio would be best, and
reasonably well suited.

"Bud" wrote:

> I would like to draw simple floor plans for residential construction. Can I
> use Excel or Power Point to do this instead of buying a cad program ?

FSt1

      12th Apr 2008
hi
if can be done. i have a floor plan to my house in 2003 plus in the past i
have used excel to make "maps" of warehouses. but...(key point)... it can't
be done 100% to scale. you would have to do some rounding off of some
dementions. meaning that other applications might be better suited IF you
need to be exact in scale.

Regards
FSt1

"Bud" wrote:

> I would like to draw simple floor plans for residential construction. Can I
> use Excel or Power Point to do this instead of buying a cad program ?

Gord Dibben

      12th Apr 2008
FSt1

You could get exact if you wanted to use Ole Erlandson's macros for sizing cells
in mm.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord