How can I delete multiple files from recent documents?

MaryL

      27th Jun 2012
I would like to select a number of Word files in recent documents and delete
them all without the need to delete each one individually. I have tried to
right click and left click with the intention of using the ctrl and/or shift
keys to delete numerous files. However, each attempt simply opens the first
file. Is there any to accomplish what I described?

I am using Office 2012 and Win 7.

Thanks,
MaryL

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      27th Jun 2012
There is no Office 2012. Please tell us which version you actually have.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"MaryL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to select a number of Word files in recent documents and
>delete them all without the need to delete each one individually. I have
>tried to right click and left click with the intention of using the ctrl
>and/or shift keys to delete numerous files. However, each attempt simply
>opens the first file. Is there any to accomplish what I described?
>
> I am using Office 2012 and Win 7.
>
> Thanks,
> MaryL

MaryL

      28th Jun 2012
Ooops! It is Office 2010.

MaryL

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message news:jsg3bd$bc8$(E-Mail Removed)...

There is no Office 2012. Please tell us which version you actually have.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
http://word.mvps.org

"MaryL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to select a number of Word files in recent documents and
>delete them all without the need to delete each one individually. I have
>tried to right click and left click with the intention of using the ctrl
>and/or shift keys to delete numerous files. However, each attempt simply
>opens the first file. Is there any to accomplish what I described?
>
> I am using Office 2012 and Win 7.
>
> Thanks,
> MaryL

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      28th Jun 2012
Count yourself lucky that you can actually even delete files from the MRU
list with a right-click (this isn't possible in Word 2007 or previous
versions). It is not, AFAIK, possible to delete multiple files this way. But
see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_p...tor_addin.html
for an add-in that will do what you want.