Can I copy a large file to multiple DVD's ?

=?Utf-8?B?R2VydA==?=

      22nd Nov 2006
Is it possible in WinXP SP2 to copy a large file (a disc image, approx. 10
GB) from the HDD to a set of DVD's ?
--
Gert

Shenan Stanley

      22nd Nov 2006
Gert wrote:
> Is it possible in WinXP SP2 to copy a large file (a disc image,
> approx. 10 GB) from the HDD to a set of DVD's ?

Not unless you split it up somehow.

And since Windows XP doesn't natively write to DVD+/- R/RW, you'd be using
third party anyway.
When you make your image, choose the option in the application to split into
multiple image files for you.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Pop`

      22nd Nov 2006
Gert wrote:
> Is it possible in WinXP SP2 to copy a large file (a disc image,
> approx. 10 GB) from the HDD to a set of DVD's ?

Not natively from XP at least. Some of the DVD applications will span DVDs
for you, but generally you have to either create the image in DVD-size
chunks, or split it, with third party apps. EG I use Norton's Ghost and it
lets me create the images in 4.4 Gig separate files and can reassemble them
when/if they're needed.

HTH
Pop`