How can I change the background colour of only one page of my word

jangelis

      10th Mar 2009
I am trying to create a document with pages that have different coloured
backgrounds. Is there anything I can do?

Jay Freedman

      10th Mar 2009
On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:47:01 -0700, jangelis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am trying to create a document with pages that have different coloured
>backgrounds. Is there anything I can do?

If you use Word's "background" feature, it can only apply one color to the
entire document.

For a single page, use a rectangle shape from the Drawing tools, anchored in a
paragraph of regular text on the page. Size it to cover the whole page. Set the
fill color of the rectangle to the shade you want, and set the rectangle's Text
Wrapping to "behind text".

For several (or many) consecutive pages, separate them from the other pages with
section breaks. Open the header pane, turn off the Same As Previous setting for
that section and the one that follows it, and, with the cursor in the section's
header, insert a drawing rectangle that you fill and send behind text.

In either case, unless you have a fairly uncommon printer that can print all the
way to the edge of the paper, there will be a white border around the color --
this is a limitation of the printer, not of Word. For this reason, and because
covering a whole page with ink is expensive, it's better to buy colored paper to
print on.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman