How can I calculate trend growth rates in Excel?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQzNA==?=

      12th Jul 2005
I need help calculating the trend growth rate of GDP of a country over a 20
year period.

Thanks!

Barb Reinhardt

      12th Jul 2005
Can you provide the equations needed to do this calculation?

"david34" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need help calculating the trend growth rate of GDP of a country over a 20
> year period.
>
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQzNA==?=

      12th Jul 2005
I'm not sure which equations you are referring to. I have GDP numbers in
millions of dollars for a 20 year period and I'm trying to calculate the
trend growth rate for this series from the first year through the last.

Do you know how I can do this?

Thanks.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> Can you provide the equations needed to do this calculation?
>
> "david34" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I need help calculating the trend growth rate of GDP of a country over a 20
> > year period.
> >
> > Thanks!

Mike Middleton

      12th Jul 2005
david34 -

Two issues:

(1) General: You need to define what you mean by "trend growth rate." If you
don't know the meaning of "trend growth rate," ask the person who asked you
to do this analysis. The explanation may involve the pattern of the data and
the particular functional form that best fits the data.

(2) Excel: After you answer the General question, there will be many Excel
gurus who can explain how to do the number crunching in Excel.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"david34" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm not sure which equations you are referring to. I have GDP numbers in
> millions of dollars for a 20 year period and I'm trying to calculate the
> trend growth rate for this series from the first year through the last.
>
> Do you know how I can do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:
>
>> Can you provide the equations needed to do this calculation?
>>
>> "david34" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I need help calculating the trend growth rate of GDP of a country over a
>> >20
>> > year period.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQzNA==?=