can autofill be used on merged cells?

=?Utf-8?B?RGViYmll?=

      26th Jun 2006
I would like to use the autofill function on a group of cells I've merged
together. It doesn't seem to be working. Is it possible for this to even
happen? I know if I unmerge my cells, I can use the autofill on a single
cell. But I would like to do this within a box I've merged together.

Thanks,

Debbie

Gord Dibben

      26th Jun 2006
Debbie

NO.

Merging 9 cells into one just creates one single cell that looks larger than the
regular cells, but has the same properties as a regular cell.

My advice about merged cells.........

Merged cells are the spawn of Satan!

They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of.

Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all adversely
affected by merged cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:53:02 -0700, Debbie <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I would like to use the autofill function on a group of cells I've merged
>together. It doesn't seem to be working. Is it possible for this to even
>happen? I know if I unmerge my cells, I can use the autofill on a single
>cell. But I would like to do this within a box I've merged together.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Debbie

=?Utf-8?B?RGViYmll?=

      27th Jun 2006