Can anyone recommend a freeware XVID-DVD converter please?

endbbnm

      20th Dec 2005
HI there compliments of the season, does anyone know of an easy to use,
xvid to dvd converter please? TIA

Jim @ UsableFreeware.com

      22nd Dec 2005
"endbbnm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI there compliments of the season, does anyone know of an easy to use,
> xvid to dvd converter please? TIA

I use DivX2DVD 0.5.2, the last freeware version:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=vso_DivXtoDVD

--
Jim Allison
Usable Freeware -- www.usablefreeware.com

endbbnm

      22nd Dec 2005
Thanks sir! I am using it for burning torrent files I have downloaded-
Is this the bets thing for this purpose?
Happy new year

Jim @ UsableFreeware.com

      23rd Dec 2005
"endbbnm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks sir! I am using it for burning torrent files I have downloaded-
> Is this the bets thing for this purpose?

If you mean videos you've downloaded via BitTorrent, yep.

--
Jim Allison
Usable Freeware -- www.usablefreeware.com

endbbnm

      23rd Dec 2005
I used it to burn a DVD however the film plays fine but the sound
"mutes" every few seconds- I burnt as a NTSC version ,should it have
been PAL? I am from UK, if that makes any diffrence

M.L.

      23rd Dec 2005

>does anyone know of an easy to use,
>xvid to dvd converter please? TIA

There shouldn't be any freeware apps that convert to the mpeg2 format
needed for DVDs since royalty payments are required for such. However,
I've learned of programs like QuEnc that do so. Perhaps they have
worked something out regarding payments. I haven't looked at it in a
while, but I remember it being very easy to figure out. In any case,
see www.videohelp.com for help with conversions to DVD.

Jim @ UsableFreeware.com

      24th Dec 2005
"endbbnm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I used it to burn a DVD however the film plays fine but the sound
> "mutes" every few seconds- I burnt as a NTSC version ,should it have
> been PAL? I am from UK, if that makes any diffrence

Yes, NTSC is North America. England uses PAL.
But those are only video modes, I think. Shouldn't have had any effect on
the sound.

--
Jim Allison
Usable Freeware -- www.usablefreeware.com

endbbnm

      24th Dec 2005
Ok- thanks genuinly for your help- its great to actually get advice ,
and not a ****take-consider me enlightened. Happy holidays