Camera and/or driver recognition

=?Utf-8?B?cmFwZWFybDE=?=

      27th May 2007
I have a Bell and Howell digital zoom camera it's a 10 megapixal camera when
hooked up to a dell computer using a pentium 3 cpu and windows XP with
windows SE2 installed, the camera is not recogized, the driver upon
downloading it from driverguide.com was not recognizingits compatibility with
windows xp even though it is supposed to be compatible with everything up to
and including vista. So I now have a computer that won't recognize a camera.
I'm about to throw the computer out and switch to MACINTOSH to eliminate all
virus problems and startup slow problems and worm problems and any and all
future problems with everything.

Don Burn

      27th May 2007
Well asking on this newgroup which is for driver development will not help
you get there. There are a number of adminiistration and hardware groups
that may be able to help, but this is not the place.

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting

"rapearl1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Bell and Howell digital zoom camera it's a 10 megapixal camera
>when
> hooked up to a dell computer using a pentium 3 cpu and windows XP with
> windows SE2 installed, the camera is not recogized, the driver upon
> downloading it from driverguide.com was not recognizingits compatibility
> with
> windows xp even though it is supposed to be compatible with everything up
> and including vista. So I now have a computer that won't recognize a
> camera.
> I'm about to throw the computer out and switch to MACINTOSH to eliminate
> all
> virus problems and startup slow problems and worm problems and any and
> all
> future problems with everything.

=?Utf-8?B?cmFwZWFybDE=?=

      27th May 2007

Thanks for the reply and the honesty of your reply. Quite frankly everytime
I get into trouble withanything from Microsoft I wind up fixing the problem
myself nobody anywhere and that includes the so called techs know what to do
when it comes to trouble with this or that finally when it causes a whole
computer to crash I simply wipe the whole drive clean and then reclean it and
then clean it once more to make sure it is clean. Once the cleaning is done I
reload everything and there are no problems for about a week or so till I run
into something like this camera downloading etc.