Calendar appointment I never made appears in trash EVERY 20minutes

Nightman

      23rd Jan 2010
Every 20minutes (without fail) a new calendar appointment called "Nicole's
Birthday" appears in my trash folder.
Each appointment (there are dozens, if not hundreds) is EXACTLY the same
(same time, date, etc) but i never made this appointment.

Now, i did make an all day event called "Nicole's Birthday" on her birthday
in my calendar, but the appointments showing up in the trash have the date
COMPLETELY wrong (month, day, and year all wrong) and is randomly scheduled
for 7-7:30

So, why is outlook creating these random appointments every 20minutes, then
deleting them just as fast so that they all collect in my trash folder? and,
more importantly, what can i do to stop this?!?!

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      23rd Jan 2010
Are you using a smartphone or pda? Any addins installed?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Nightman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Every 20minutes (without fail) a new calendar appointment called "Nicole's
> Birthday" appears in my trash folder.
> Each appointment (there are dozens, if not hundreds) is EXACTLY the same
> (same time, date, etc) but i never made this appointment.
>
> Now, i did make an all day event called "Nicole's Birthday" on her
> birthday
> in my calendar, but the appointments showing up in the trash have the date
> COMPLETELY wrong (month, day, and year all wrong) and is randomly
> scheduled
> for 7-7:30
>
> So, why is outlook creating these random appointments every 20minutes,
> then
> deleting them just as fast so that they all collect in my trash folder?
> and,
> more importantly, what can i do to stop this?!?!

dasolima

      18th Mar 2010

Did you ever find the solution to this? I'm having the exact same
problem. Please let me know if you figured out how to get rid of the
reminder.
Thanks!

Nightman;338397 Wrote:
> Every 20minutes (without fail) a new calendar appointment called
> "Nicole's
> Birthday" appears in my trash folder.
> Each appointment (there are dozens, if not hundreds) is EXACTLY the
> same
> (same time, date, etc) but i never made this appointment.
>
> Now, i did make an all day event called "Nicole's Birthday" on her
> birthday
> in my calendar, but the appointments showing up in the trash have the
> date
> COMPLETELY wrong (month, day, and year all wrong) and is randomly
> scheduled
> for 7-7:30
>
> So, why is outlook creating these random appointments every 20minutes,
> then
> deleting them just as fast so that they all collect in my trash folder?
> and,
> more importantly, what can i do to stop this?!?!

--
dasolima

h.lewitt@gmail.com

      25th Jan 2012
I'm syncing with Outlook and having same problem. Several reoccurring and non-reoccurring events long past reappear in my Outlook Trash folder each time the synch happens. The dates of all of these hundreds of duplicate events is 7-730PM on 12/31/1979. How can I purge all such events and reset the sync to prevent this from happening again?
HL