Calculating averages and not including blank cells

Mercedes

      17th Feb 2010
Hello all,

Could someone tell me how to calculate the average of a column in Excel that
has blanks? I don't want to include the blanks in the average. I tried
using:
=AVERAGE(E1:E18)

thinking that it would not include the blank cells as part of the
calculation, but then realized the error of my ways...

Your help is most appreciated!

M.

--
Of all the things I''ve lost, I miss my mind the most.

Bernard Liengme

      17th Feb 2010
But AVERAGE does ignore blank cells
best wishes