how to calculate time start & time finish in quarter hour

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgV3U=?=

      6th Jun 2006
I would like to show the difference between start and end time in hours and
quarter in Excel 2003. Example:

Start time End time Result
15.30 1.15 9.85

I would like to see the result column showing 9 hours and 3 quarters,
instead of 9.85 hrs. Can anyone help. Im using Microsoft

Peo Sjoblom

      7th Jun 2006
I don't see how 9.85 hours can ever be 9 hours and 3 quarters?

If you use start time 15:30 and end time 01:15, that gives a result of 9:45
or 9.75 using decimals, that is 3 quarters

you can round it to the nearest 0.25 and then use

=MOD(ROUND(A1*4,0)/4,1)/0.25

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Peter Wu" <Peter (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to show the difference between start and end time in hours and
> quarter in Excel 2003. Example:
>
> Start time End time Result
> 15.30 1.15 9.85
>
> I would like to see the result column showing 9 hours and 3 quarters,
> instead of 9.85 hrs. Can anyone help. Im using Microsoft

=?Utf-8?B?RGlnaXRhbER1Y2s=?=

      7th Jun 2006
Click in the cells you want to be formatted that way then go to:
Format->Cells->Fraction->As Quarters

This will result in 9.85 being displayed as 9 3/4

-DD

"Peter Wu" wrote:

> I would like to show the difference between start and end time in hours and
> quarter in Excel 2003. Example:
>
> Start time End time Result
> 15.30 1.15 9.85
>
> I would like to see the result column showing 9 hours and 3 quarters,
> instead of 9.85 hrs. Can anyone help. Im using Microsoft

=?Utf-8?B?U2ltb25DQw==?=

      7th Jun 2006
Try this:
=INT((EndTime-StartTime)/1)&" hours "&INT(MOD((EndTime-StartTime),1)/0.25)&"
quarters"

-Simon