Calcualate Time

hitesh

      11th Apr 2010
Dear

In A1 Customer Name In B1 Complaint Date In c1 Complaint Time in D1
Complaint Attend Date In E1 Complaint Attend Time. I want the Result in F1
Total Time Taken To attend Complaint

Customer Name - Anil. Complaint Date- 8/4/2010.Complaint Time - 4:00 pm.
Complaint Attend Date -11/4/2010. Complaint Attend Time - 10.30 pm. Total
Time Taken To attend Complaint =

I want To Know That how much time taken to attend the complaint.

Pls Help.

OssieMac

      11th Apr 2010

Assuming the data is in row 2.

Select all of column F and Using Number format set the following Custom
format for column F

[hh]"Hrs":mm"Mins"

Enter the following formula in cell F2
=(D2+E2)-(B2+C2)

--
Regards,

OssieMac

OssieMac

      11th Apr 2010
You could also format column F the following way if you want it in Days Hrs
and Mins

d" Days" h" Hrs":m" Mins"

Including the literal suffix avoids confusion as to how the answer is
formatted.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"hitesh" wrote:

> Dear
>
> In A1 Customer Name In B1 Complaint Date In c1 Complaint Time in D1
> Complaint Attend Date In E1 Complaint Attend Time. I want the Result in F1
> Total Time Taken To attend Complaint
>
> Customer Name - Anil. Complaint Date- 8/4/2010.Complaint Time - 4:00 pm.
> Complaint Attend Date -11/4/2010. Complaint Attend Time - 10.30 pm. Total
> Time Taken To attend Complaint =
>
> I want To Know That how much time taken to attend the complaint.
>
> Pls Help.

hitesh

      13th Apr 2010
Thanks For Replay

But Formula not working.

complaint attend after 3 days

so result may be 30.30 Hrs

Pls help

"OssieMac" wrote:

> You could also format column F the following way if you want it in Days Hrs
> and Mins
>
> d" Days" h" Hrs":m" Mins"
>
> Including the literal suffix avoids confusion as to how the answer is
> formatted.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> OssieMac
>

> "hitesh" wrote:
>
> > Dear
> >
> > In A1 Customer Name In B1 Complaint Date In c1 Complaint Time in D1
> > Complaint Attend Date In E1 Complaint Attend Time. I want the Result in F1
> > Total Time Taken To attend Complaint
> >
> > Customer Name - Anil. Complaint Date- 8/4/2010.Complaint Time - 4:00 pm.
> > Complaint Attend Date -11/4/2010. Complaint Attend Time - 10.30 pm. Total
> > Time Taken To attend Complaint =
> >
> > I want To Know That how much time taken to attend the complaint.
> >
> > Pls Help.

OssieMac

      14th Apr 2010
The formula works perfectly for me and both formats work perfectly. Are you
entering your dates and times correctly? Ensure that you have the date and
time columns formatted correctly; particularly time columns so that you will
be able to see if the times entered are correct. Suggest the following format
for time columns.

h:mm AM/PM

With above format you should be able to enter 4:10 pm as 4:10 p and it
should automatically change it to 4:10 PM. Note that a space is required
before the p when entering.

An after thought. In your regional area do you format times as I have shown.
Perhaps you need to adjust the format to reflect your regional area.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"hitesh" wrote:

> Thanks For Replay
>
> But Formula not working.
>
> complaint attend after 3 days
>
> so result may be 30.30 Hrs
>
> Pls help
>

> "OssieMac" wrote:
>
> > You could also format column F the following way if you want it in Days Hrs
> > and Mins
> >
> > d" Days" h" Hrs":m" Mins"
> >
> > Including the literal suffix avoids confusion as to how the answer is
> > formatted.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > OssieMac
> >

> > "hitesh" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear
> > >
> > > In A1 Customer Name In B1 Complaint Date In c1 Complaint Time in D1
> > > Complaint Attend Date In E1 Complaint Attend Time. I want the Result in F1
> > > Total Time Taken To attend Complaint
> > >
> > > Customer Name - Anil. Complaint Date- 8/4/2010.Complaint Time - 4:00 pm.
> > > Complaint Attend Date -11/4/2010. Complaint Attend Time - 10.30 pm. Total
> > > Time Taken To attend Complaint =
> > >
> > > I want To Know That how much time taken to attend the complaint.
> > >
> > > Pls Help.

hitesh

      18th Apr 2010
Thanks
Dianne.
But its not working

I saw, u send file to me, u wrote 08/05/2010, in compalint attend column,
But Date is 11/4/2010, If i change 08/05/2010 to 11/04/2010 Result shows
2214.30.

Customer Complaint Date Complaint Time Complaint Attend Date Complaint
Attend Time Total Time Taken
Anil 08/04/10 4:00 PM 11/04/10 10:30 PM 2214:30

pls help

"Dianne" wrote:

> hitesh;696162 Wrote:
> >

> Dear
> >
> > In A1 Customer Name In B1 Complaint Date In c1 Complaint Time in D1
> > Complaint Attend Date In E1 Complaint Attend Time. I want the Result in

> F1
> > Total Time Taken To attend Complaint
> >
> > Customer Name - Anil. Complaint Date- 8/4/2010.Complaint Time - 4:00

> pm.
> > Complaint Attend Date -11/4/2010. Complaint Attend Time - 10.30 pm.

> Total
> > Time Taken To attend Complaint =
> >
> > I want To Know That how much time taken to attend the complaint.
> >
> > Pls Help.

> _________________________________
>
> I have attached a spreadsheet with the solution. I have saved in the
> old .xls format. It should work with any version. Hope this solves
> your problem.

> |Filename: hitesh.xls |
> |Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=539|

> Dianne
> Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=194663
>
> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz
>
> .

hitesh

      20th Apr 2010
Dear
Dianne.

Complaint date Is 08/04/2010 (dd,mm,yy) And Complaint Attend Date is
11/04/2010 (dd,mm,yy).

pls help

hitesh;702232 Wrote:

> Thanks
> > Dianne.
> > But its not working
> >
> > I saw, u send file to me, u wrote 08/05/2010, in compalint attend

> column,
> > But Date is 11/4/2010, If i change 08/05/2010 to 11/04/2010 Result

> shows
> > 2214.30.
> >
> > Customer Complaint Date Complaint Time Complaint Attend Date Complaint
> > Attend Time Total Time Taken
> > Anil 08/04/10 4:00 PM 11/04/10 10:30 PM 2214:30
> >
> > pls help
> >

> > "Dianne" wrote:
> >

> > > hitesh;696162 Wrote:
> > > >
> > > Dear

> D1

> Result in
> > > F1

> 4:00
> > > pm.

> pm.
> > > Total

> > > _________________________________
> > >
> > > I have attached a spreadsheet with the solution. I have saved in

> the
> > > old .xls format. It should work with any version. Hope this solves
> > > your problem.

> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=539|

> > > --
> > > Dianne

> > > Dianne's Profile:

> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755
> > > View this thread: 'Calcualate Time - The Code Cage Forums'

> (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=194663)
> > >
> > > 'Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office Discussion - Excel VBA

> Programming - Access Programming' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz)
> > >
> > > .
> > >

> hitesh,
>
> The 2214.30 is = to 2214 hours and 30 mins. The dates you have given
> are in the future and has 92 days in between. 92 days @ 24 hours = 2208
> hours + 6 hours and 30 mins between 4 pm and 10:30 pm. Are the dates
> correctly given?
>

> --
> Dianne
> Dianne's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=194663
>
> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz
>
> .

hitesh

      21st Apr 2010
Dear

My Location is INDIA. and iam using format Day,Month,Year

"Dianne" wrote:

> hitesh;702232 Wrote:
> >

> Thanks
> > Dianne.
> > But its not working
> >
> > I saw, u send file to me, u wrote 08/05/2010, in compalint attend

> column,
> > But Date is 11/4/2010, If i change 08/05/2010 to 11/04/2010 Result

> shows
> > 2214.30.
> >
> > Customer Complaint Date Complaint Time Complaint Attend Date Complaint
> > Attend Time Total Time Taken
> > Anil 08/04/10 4:00 PM 11/04/10 10:30 PM 2214:30
> >
> > pls help
> >

> > "Dianne" wrote:
> >

> > > hitesh;696162 Wrote:
> > > >
> > > Dear

> D1

> Result in
> > > F1

> 4:00
> > > pm.

> pm.
> > > Total

> > > _________________________________
> > >
> > > I have attached a spreadsheet with the solution. I have saved in

> the
> > > old .xls format. It should work with any version. Hope this solves
> > > your problem.

> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=539|

> > > --
> > > Dianne

> > > Dianne's Profile:

> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1755
> > > View this thread: 'Calcualate Time - The Code Cage Forums'

> (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=194663)
> > >
> > > 'Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office Discussion - Excel VBA

> Programming - Access Programming' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz)
> > >
> > > .
> > >

> hitesh,
>
> Where is your location? What is the regional language for your
> computer? What format are you using? Are you using format day, month,
> year or month, day, year? I was using the format in US time. I typed
> in month first, day second, and then year. I formatted the cell to show
> day first, month second, then year. Is this the answer you are looking
> for? Time zones mess things up. My computer is in the US time zone.
> Anyway, I have attached the new file.
>
> The computer needs to be set up with the correct regional language to
> match the spreadsheet.
>
> Dianne

> |Filename: hitesh_2.xls |
> |Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=549|