CAL (connection licenses)

sherman

      7th Oct 2004

To deploy windows 2000 or 2003 server do you have to
purchase separate CALs (one per connection)? How does
licensing work? I did a search in the windows 2000 server
book and I only found info. on Terminal Services licensing.

Brian Desmond [MVP]

      9th Oct 2004
Hi,

You either need a device cal for each computer which will access any server
in your network, or a user cal for any user who will access any server in
your network. Anonymous connectiosn (e..g a web server) require an external
connector license.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
(E-Mail Removed)

Http://www.briandesmond.com

news:019501c4aca6$d5d9dcf0$(E-Mail Removed)...