C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tools\DelFolders.exe missing - What do i do?

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBGcmVlbWFu?=

      9th Jan 2006
I have gone through a very troubled installation process and have finally got
Windows XP Home Ed. running on a friends PC that i built for him.
It is based on an ECS KN1 SLi Lite Motherboard, with an AMD X2 4200+ Dual
Core Processor, 1 Gig of Corsair RAM, a GeForce 6800GS Graphics Card, a X-Fi
Fata1ty Soundcard, (one stick, it mucked up with 2), 2 Maxtor SATA HDs and a
DVD-RW and a DVD Reader.

It is extremely fragile though and i ahve to keep using safe mode and system
resore to get it to work. It also takes a good few minutes to turn on, which
is strange considering it is a very fast PC.
Every time I turn it on I get an error message saying that the file in the
title is missing. Is it possible to install this file only from the CD?

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Rock

      9th Jan 2006
Alex Freeman wrote:

> I have gone through a very troubled installation process and have finally got
> Windows XP Home Ed. running on a friends PC that i built for him.
> It is based on an ECS KN1 SLi Lite Motherboard, with an AMD X2 4200+ Dual
> Core Processor, 1 Gig of Corsair RAM, a GeForce 6800GS Graphics Card, a X-Fi
> Fata1ty Soundcard, (one stick, it mucked up with 2), 2 Maxtor SATA HDs and a
> DVD-RW and a DVD Reader.
>
> It is extremely fragile though and i ahve to keep using safe mode and system
> resore to get it to work. It also takes a good few minutes to turn on, which
> is strange considering it is a very fast PC.
> Every time I turn it on I get an error message saying that the file in the
> title is missing. Is it possible to install this file only from the CD?
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions?

It's not part of the XP installation. Have you googled to find out what
it is?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...xe&btnG=Search

--
Rock