C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe (Intel Hotkeys)

auntiem

      30th Jul 2004
Need help knowing what to do about Hotkeys
I don't know if I'm even in the right forum for this but
here it goes.
when doing a test on my pc found I have
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe Intel Hotkeys which they
say is Optional .This is what it said:
The following information was collected about this file
during testing.

Full Path C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
Vendor Intel Corporation
Product Intel(R) Common User Interface
Version 3.0.0.3762
File Size 118784 bytes

Our running programs database has the following
information about the most likely source and function of
this program.

Description
Intel Hotkeys
Recommendation
Not an essential component, but see the information below
before disabling it.

More Information
Part of the drivers for boards with Intel 81x graphics
chips. Allows you to define hotkey combinations to change
video resolutions. This is not something that most users
do often, and it can be done through Control Panel (Intel
Graphics icon) or Desktop Properties pretty quickly. We
recommend stopping this task to save resources and
prevent accidental use of the hotkey feature
I have Windows XP SP1
Full Version Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
Can I disable this...and if so How??
Thanks

Rich Barry

      31st Jul 2004
Control Panel>Display Settings>Advanced>Intel Extreme
Grapics>Graphic Properties>Hotkeys>Uncheck Enable Hot Keys.

news:772b01c4767d$55cec3e0$(E-Mail Removed)...