How to bypass XP logon screen

Megan

      9th Oct 2003
Since I am the only user on the computer and have the
admin rights, I used to be able to just restart and go
directly to windows, now I keep getting a logon prompt,
how could I totally bypass the logon screen

Thanks
Megan

Neil Brown

      9th Oct 2003
Start - Run

"control userpasswords2"

Uncheck "Users must enter a user name ...."

Click OK

"Megan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0fc901c38e00$506c60d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since I am the only user on the computer and have the
> admin rights, I used to be able to just restart and go
> directly to windows, now I keep getting a logon prompt,
> how could I totally bypass the logon screen
>

> Thanks
> Megan

Rebecca

      11th Oct 2003
I did this and I still get a logon screen, except now I
receive an error first that says "error logging on as
administrator because this account has been restricted."
I checked, and I'm supposed to be logged on as 'owner,'
and both administrator and owner have full privileges.
Now what?

Christopher R. Martinez

      13th Oct 2003
If still stuck, try ctrl+alt+delete and logon and change it back. At least
if this works you can be able to see what is selected/not selected.

chris

"Rebecca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:025501c39042$11a8eaf0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I did this and I still get a logon screen, except now I
> receive an error first that says "error logging on as
> administrator because this account has been restricted."
> I checked, and I'm supposed to be logged on as 'owner,'
> and both administrator and owner have full privileges.
> Now what?

New Member

      25th Jul 2007
Likewise, I have a logon password prompt to which I do not have a password. I only use 5 different passwords for everything, with this kind of problem in mind. However none of them work. I went to the start up settings menu and found one that worked for administrator, but again, it doesn't work for the windows logon. Is there any relation between the system password and the windows password?

I don't know anything about this. All I use the computer for is chatting and photoshop. I'm not even good at photoshop yet!

please help

New Member

      3rd Dec 2007
hey guys my computer password wont work is there any way i can get the pass without changing it? or can someone help me by passing the loging in screen where u put the password? please e-mail me at http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)!!! i really need a quick reply! say it here or send me an e-mail thanks for your help if u sended me an e-mail!

Last edited by saitoo; 3rd Dec 2007 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: extra

New Member

      23rd Dec 2007
about: control userpasswords2

you may need to select/or deselct "users must enter a user name and passrod to use this computer" pressed apply each time several times to get your computer to respond. I had to do this......

After deselected the last time and pressing apply-- The computer dialog box should pop up. (user name and pasword box.

if you don't have a password then don't put anything in the password section, but make sure you put in the username you want.

Highlight Administrator (default) and change it to the user account you have. Sometimes it might be owner, unless you change the name. The administrator is used only as a default.

This should prompt the computer to automatically log in without going to the windows log-in and load to your desktop as soon as your computer starts.

extra step if you still have problems.......

Under User accounts--- I also disabled Guest User, so that no guest can log into my computer.

You also might want to go to user accounts and set up the computer to log on using net password, even though you are not logging in using a pasword.

These are the steps I took and this seemed to remove any problems with bypassing directly to windows desktop.

New Member

      23rd Dec 2007
Don't put a password in where it says password, but make sure that your domain name is correct. Sometimes it is owner. If you don't have a password set and you get the windows login, just put the user name/domain and leave the password section blank.

To remove this all together, try the steps I posted in a previous post.........

Banned

      23rd Nov 2009
spammer

New Member

      20th Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by saitoo View Post
hey guys my computer password wont work is there any way i can get the pass without changing it? or can someone help me by passing the loging in screen where u put the password? please e-mail me at (E-Mail Removed)!!! i really need a quick reply! say it here or send me an e-mail thanks for your help if u sended me an e-mail!
no you need to change it