Where to buy replacement video card fans

MeNotHome

      20th Dec 2005
I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks for any advice

Michael W. Ryder

      20th Dec 2005
MeNotHome wrote:
> I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
> Where is the best place to buy them?
>
> Thanks for any advice

Cyberguys, www.cyberguys.com has two different models meeting your
specifications.

BC

      20th Dec 2005
MeNotHome wrote:
> I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
> Where is the best place to buy them?
>
> Thanks for any advice

Sunon Maglev fans: have read good reviews for them:

http://www.sunon.com.tw/products/pdf/2005dc-maglev.pdf

$5.99 at Jab-Tech: note, have never ordered anything from them, and
their web site is sort of a nigtmare:

http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=2184

HTH,

BC

Robert BL

      20th Dec 2005

"MeNotHome" <dtfa@****nospm****insightbb.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
> Where is the best place to buy them?
>
> Thanks for any advice

I've had good luck with 1coolPC.com

MeNotHome

      21st Dec 2005
I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
them have the correct configuration I need.
It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

MeNotHome wrote:
> I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
> them have the correct configuration I need.
> It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.
>
> Any other ideas?

Can the fan be mounted to the heatsink using metal screws going in
between the heatsink fins? Alternatively you could superglue the fan to
the fins. I have used both methods without any problems.

> Thanks
>

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:54:02 -0500, "Robert BL" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"MeNotHome" <dtfa@****nospm****insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
>>>Where is the best place to buy them?
>>>
>>>Thanks for any advice
>>>

>>I've had good luck with 1coolPC.com

Jim Edwards

      21st Dec 2005
MeNotHome wrote:
> I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
> them have the correct configuration I need.
> It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks
>

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:54:02 -0500, "Robert BL" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"MeNotHome" <dtfa@****nospm****insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>I need to replace 2 video card fans. They are 45mm x 45mm x 10mm
>>>Where is the best place to buy them?
>>>
>>>Thanks for any advice
>>>

>>I've had good luck with 1coolPC.com

Try :-

http://www.adpmods.com/case-modding/...an-p-1663.html

JimE

BC

      21st Dec 2005
MeNotHome wrote:
> I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
> them have the correct configuration I need.
> It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks

What is the VGA card model?

While I am not a big fan of "twinkling" products, perhaps this will fit:

http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=2291

Evercool VC-RE Twinkling VGA Cooler

The VC-RE is a strong Cooler for VGA chipsets. The pure copper folded
fin design and mirror finished base produce excellent results under
challenging temperature environments.

Blue & Red LEDs produce lighting effects and the push-pin design makes
mounting the cooler both quick and easy. The metal spring clip makes
installation secure and does not allow the cooler to "skate" on the GPU.

Retail Packaged, includes (1) 3 Pin to 4 Pin Power Adapter & a tube of
Evercool Silver Grease.

Specifications:

Dimension 45 x 45 x 10mm
3 Pin TX3 Connector
12VDC
Rated Current .11A
Power Consumption: 1.32W
Fan Speed: 5000RPM +/-10%
Air Flow: 7.79CFM
Ball Bearing

Compatible with:

nVidia: GeForce 3 TI, GeForce 4 MX
ATI: Radeon Series
SIS: Xabre Series

Read the excellent review at BigBruin.com!
Big Bruin Recommended!

Details

Weight 0.60 lbs
Price: $7.95

I replaced a failed fan on a Geforce Ti200 with a Vantec Iceberg 4, as I
recall, but, even though that was not a high powered card, it didn't
seem to cool it all that well.

Here is Iceberq 5: may work a bit better, looks like it fits lots of cards:

http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-49.html

Thermaltake unit with push pins: sounds like that is what you are
looking for:

http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-06.html

Another:

http://www.frozencpu.com/vid-32.html

Iceberq and Iceberq4:

http://www.1coolpc.com/

Look under "small fans" for:

A.) 45mm Four Pin Fan: 45mm ball bearing fan with 4 pin power supply
connection and pass through. Lifetime warranty. $8.00 plus S&H
Specifications: 7.2cfm, 5300rpm, .06 Amps, 0.7 Watts, 12 Volts DC

And lastly, from Newegg: maybe this?

Specifications
Model
Brand Titan
Model TTC-CV3AB
Spec
Fan Size 45mm
Compatibility VGA Card Processor
RPM 4500±10%RPM
Air Flow 6.89CFM
Noise Level < 22dBA
Power Connector 3 Pin
Color Transparent
Heatsink Material Copper
Features
Features TTC-CUV3AB (DIY) fits most VGA cards, and there are 2
different mounting holes to fit ATI and NVIDIA chips
The cooler is a solid copper heat sink with a transparent LED fan, and
the mirror finish on the heat sink is definitely a plus to cool your VGA
card and keep your PC looking great. It is also a quiet cooler!
A different fan cover can be changed as a user’s desire, and while the
LED fan is running, it creates a beautiful optical effect
Physical Spec
Fan Dimensions 45 x 45 x 10 mm

Perhaps with the card model and manufacturer someone can come up with
something better.

HTH,

BC

BC

      21st Dec 2005
MeNotHome wrote:
> I checked each of the sites mentioned in the above threads and none of
> them have the correct configuration I need.
> It is a 45mm x 45mm x 10mm but the screw holes are small tabs.
>
> Any other ideas?

Dear MeNot,

[...]

      23rd Dec 2005
Jim,

That's the fan I need. Now I just need to find a store in the U.S.

Thanks