PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

BSOD STOP 0x000000F4

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?c29jY2VydGw=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10th Oct 2004
After installing SP2, I have received quite a few BSODs. I get them about 1
to 5 times or more a day. I have no idea what is causing them. I NEVER had
one the entire time I have had XP on this machine, which has been a few years
now. Since SP2, I get them all the time. I never changed any hardware. The
only thing I noticed is the hard drive starts going wacky before it occurs,
like it is locating from the first track to the last a few times, and
sometimes it won't recognize the drive on the reboot after the failure. I
then put in the XP boot disk and back out after the first disk boots. This
seems to fix the boot problem for some reason.

Not knowing what the problem was, I thought maybe the hard drive or MB
circuitry was going bad, so I changed the motherboard/processor and repaired
the XP installation. I then installed SP2 again. The problem went away for a
couple days but now it is back again. I am not so sure now that the hard
drive is the problem.

Here is the latest BSOD information:

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or
been terminated.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x81FF7708, 0x81FF787C, 0x805FA7A8)

The BSOD is not always the same. Here is another I received:

kernel_data_inpage_error

STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC0384DD0, 0xC000000E, 0xE13741D8, 0x1368F880)


Am I barking up the wrong tree that this could be a hard drive problem? It
seems more like a software thing, but I am no good at decipering XP
exceptions. Thanks for any help.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ron Martell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Oct 2004
"soccertl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>After installing SP2, I have received quite a few BSODs. I get them about 1
>to 5 times or more a day. I have no idea what is causing them. I NEVER had
>one the entire time I have had XP on this machine, which has been a few years
>now. Since SP2, I get them all the time. I never changed any hardware. The
>only thing I noticed is the hard drive starts going wacky before it occurs,
>like it is locating from the first track to the last a few times, and
>sometimes it won't recognize the drive on the reboot after the failure. I
>then put in the XP boot disk and back out after the first disk boots. This
>seems to fix the boot problem for some reason.
>
>Not knowing what the problem was, I thought maybe the hard drive or MB
>circuitry was going bad, so I changed the motherboard/processor and repaired
>the XP installation. I then installed SP2 again. The problem went away for a
>couple days but now it is back again. I am not so sure now that the hard
>drive is the problem.
>
>Here is the latest BSOD information:
>
>A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or
>been terminated.
>
>BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
>
>STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x81FF7708, 0x81FF787C, 0x805FA7A8)


http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...b95c57.xml.asp


>
>The BSOD is not always the same. Here is another I received:
>
>kernel_data_inpage_error
>
>STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC0384DD0, 0xC000000E, 0xE13741D8, 0x1368F880)
>


See MVP Jim Eshelman's STOP errors web page at
http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm and click on the "7A: Kernel
Data Inpage" link in the left side column.

Good luck


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
zamo_x
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11th Oct 2004
i have the same problem here.. after clean install of windows sp2.. i
have a toshiba satellite pro m30 notebook.

0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820deb10, 0x820dec84, 0x805fa7a8)
0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820a5020, 0x820a5194, 0x805fa7a8)
0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8202e470, 0x8202e5e4, 0x805fa7a8)
0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x82026b60, 0x82026cd4, 0x805fa7a8)

here is a list with error message which i have received so far

"soccertl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> After installing SP2, I have received quite a few BSODs. I get them about 1
> to 5 times or more a day. I have no idea what is causing them. I NEVER had
> one the entire time I have had XP on this machine, which has been a few years
> now. Since SP2, I get them all the time. I never changed any hardware. The
> only thing I noticed is the hard drive starts going wacky before it occurs,
> like it is locating from the first track to the last a few times, and
> sometimes it won't recognize the drive on the reboot after the failure. I
> then put in the XP boot disk and back out after the first disk boots. This
> seems to fix the boot problem for some reason.
>
> Not knowing what the problem was, I thought maybe the hard drive or MB
> circuitry was going bad, so I changed the motherboard/processor and repaired
> the XP installation. I then installed SP2 again. The problem went away for a
> couple days but now it is back again. I am not so sure now that the hard
> drive is the problem.
>
> Here is the latest BSOD information:
>
> A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or
> been terminated.
>
> BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
>
> STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x81FF7708, 0x81FF787C, 0x805FA7A8)
>
> The BSOD is not always the same. Here is another I received:
>
> kernel_data_inpage_error
>
> STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC0384DD0, 0xC000000E, 0xE13741D8, 0x1368F880)
>
>
> Am I barking up the wrong tree that this could be a hard drive problem? It
> seems more like a software thing, but I am no good at decipering XP
> exceptions. Thanks for any help.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Martell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12th Oct 2004
(E-Mail Removed) (zamo_x) wrote:

>i have the same problem here.. after clean install of windows sp2.. i
>have a toshiba satellite pro m30 notebook.
>
>0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820deb10, 0x820dec84, 0x805fa7a8)
>0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820a5020, 0x820a5194, 0x805fa7a8)
>0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8202e470, 0x8202e5e4, 0x805fa7a8)
>0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x82026b60, 0x82026cd4, 0x805fa7a8)
>


A STOP 0x000000f4 error is a CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION. This
indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has
unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

I would suspect some sort of virus, trojan, or advertising spyware
infestation is behind this.

Make certain that your antivirus software is fully up to date, with
the virus definitions not more than a week old, and do a complete
virus scan of your hard drive. Then get a "second opinion" by doing a
free online virus scan at one of the following sites:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

Then check for and cleanup any advertising spyware on your machine by
following Jim Eshelman's spyware Quick Fix procedure at
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm


Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
 
Reply With Quote
 
zamo_x
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Oct 2004
i have analyzed memory dump and here are more details:

PROCESS_OBJECT: 8220d368
IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MODULE_NAME: csrss
FAULTING_MODULE: 00000000
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8062ca73 to 805339ae

also i have done a virus scan and nothing was found...
any ideeas?

Ron Martell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (zamo_x) wrote:
>
> >i have the same problem here.. after clean install of windows sp2.. i
> >have a toshiba satellite pro m30 notebook.
> >
> >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820deb10, 0x820dec84, 0x805fa7a8)
> >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820a5020, 0x820a5194, 0x805fa7a8)
> >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8202e470, 0x8202e5e4, 0x805fa7a8)
> >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x82026b60, 0x82026cd4, 0x805fa7a8)
> >

>
> A STOP 0x000000f4 error is a CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION. This
> indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has
> unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
>
> I would suspect some sort of virus, trojan, or advertising spyware
> infestation is behind this.
>
> Make certain that your antivirus software is fully up to date, with
> the virus definitions not more than a week old, and do a complete
> virus scan of your hard drive. Then get a "second opinion" by doing a
> free online virus scan at one of the following sites:
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com
> http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
>
> Then check for and cleanup any advertising spyware on your machine by
> following Jim Eshelman's spyware Quick Fix procedure at
> http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Martell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Oct 2004
(E-Mail Removed) (zamo_x) wrote:

>i have analyzed memory dump and here are more details:
>
>PROCESS_OBJECT: 8220d368
>IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe
>DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
>MODULE_NAME: csrss
>FAULTING_MODULE: 00000000
>CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
>DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
>BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4
>LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8062ca73 to 805339ae
>
>also i have done a virus scan and nothing was found...
>any ideeas?
>


What about the spyware check? Was that also clean? Spyware is more
invasive than viruses and is becoming more common. Antivirus programs
offer little or no detection ability for most spyware. You need to
run specialized spyware tools for this, and it normally requires more
than one such tool to clean up an infected system.

Your error information refers to MODULE_NAME: csrss

CSRSS.EXE is a genuine Windows component. However it is one that also
used by some spyware related items, such as keystroke logging programs
and certain backdoor trojans. So this reference in the error message
does reinforce the possibility that spyware may be the underlying
culprit.

Again, start with http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and follow all
of the suggested steps in sequence.

Good luck



>Ron Martell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> (E-Mail Removed) (zamo_x) wrote:
>>
>> >i have the same problem here.. after clean install of windows sp2.. i
>> >have a toshiba satellite pro m30 notebook.
>> >
>> >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820deb10, 0x820dec84, 0x805fa7a8)
>> >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820a5020, 0x820a5194, 0x805fa7a8)
>> >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8202e470, 0x8202e5e4, 0x805fa7a8)
>> >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x82026b60, 0x82026cd4, 0x805fa7a8)
>> >

>>
>> A STOP 0x000000f4 error is a CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION. This
>> indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has
>> unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
>>
>> I would suspect some sort of virus, trojan, or advertising spyware
>> infestation is behind this.
>>
>> Make certain that your antivirus software is fully up to date, with
>> the virus definitions not more than a week old, and do a complete
>> virus scan of your hard drive. Then get a "second opinion" by doing a
>> free online virus scan at one of the following sites:
>> http://housecall.trendmicro.com
>> http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
>>
>> Then check for and cleanup any advertising spyware on your machine by
>> following Jim Eshelman's spyware Quick Fix procedure at
>> http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>>
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada


Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

"The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
danman567555's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13
 
      24th Jun 2007
I have a Old Toshiba Satellite P20 and I used to get a not f4 BSOD, I kept getting a0x0000008E which occured usually a few minutes afer I logged on. The hard disk also went wacky before it occurred. Sometimes I didn't get a bluescreen, the laptop just hanged itself completly with harddisk activity light frozen on but I couldn't hear any clicky noises from the harddisk. And worst of all it didn't have a reset button so I had to pull out the power cord and wait 5 hours till the battery ran out. I then got tired of this nonsense so I wiped the hardisk and that worked. Did you try bacing up your files and wipe harddisk?
 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
 
      29th Aug 2011
i had this problem too.. but i solved this 0x000000f4 error problem by using (PC Health Advisor) its brings together high quality tools in one comprehensive program. This advanced software makes it easy to fix, clean and optimize your computer. PC Health Advisor gets things running right again by ejecting active malware, updating drivers, cleaning your Windows registry, defragmenting the disk, helping you update drivers, finding programs to open file extensions and getting rid of cached information that slows down your PC.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD STOP 0x000000F4 Sauge Windows XP Help 0 6th Jul 2010 07:42 PM
Blue Screen stop error: 0X000000F4 Nicolas Macarez Windows Vista General Discussion 2 25th Mar 2009 07:35 PM
STOP error code (0x000000f4 (0x0000003....) Memory dump & BSOD woof! Windows XP General 8 17th Sep 2008 07:51 AM
STOP: 0x000000F4 on 1GB CF Bill Windows XP Embedded 1 24th Apr 2008 09:40 AM
STOP: 0x000000F4 on 1GB CF Bill Windows XP Embedded 2 18th Apr 2008 10:09 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:15 AM.