Browser Hijacker

Randy Bakel

      8th Feb 2005
I have the same problem. I can remove this with a scan,
but it just comes back everytime I open Internet
Explorer. How can I get rid of it?

plun

      8th Feb 2005
Randy Bakel wrote:
> I have the same problem. I can remove this with a scan,
> but it just comes back everytime I open Internet
> Explorer. How can I get rid of it?

Download Ad aware and try.

http://www.download.com/3101-2001_4-0-1.html?tag=dir

Go to Lavasoft forum if adaware canīt remove it.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=119

Bill Sanderson's Mother

      8th Feb 2005

Or try CW-SHREDDER. Search in google to find a download.

Excellent at removing hijackers

Ken

      8th Feb 2005
If that doesn't work, visit the following web site:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/

In the correct forums, you can get help getting rid of
hijackers. (I'm not sure if they still recommend this
software, but through the spyware site, you may be able
to download hijackthis, which takes a snapshot of your
computer. You can then paste the results on one of their
forums to find out which files they recommend deleting.)

Ron Chamberlin

      9th Feb 2005
Hi Randy,
Boot into Safe Mode (F8) at startup;
Empty your temporary files AND your Temporary Internet Files C:\Documents
and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files folder ;
Run the scan while in safe mode;
If you are running SP2, open IE--->Tools--->Manage Add-ons, and uncheck any
BHO's that you don't recognize.

Ron Chamberlin
MS-MVP

news:08ad01c50dfd$80a39ba0$(E-Mail Removed)...