Brother MFC-8440 questions?

Repeating Rifle

      15th Jun 2005
I would like to know how well poeople like the Brother MFC-8440 machine. Is
it worth getting a duplex printing version. I am just getting fed up with
the cost and fuss of ink cartridges. I am willing to settle for a black and
white printer.

Bill

news.verizon.net

      15th Jun 2005
RR --

I'm using a sister machine, the MFC-8840D. It's six months old, and I just
added the optional second paper tray. While I would not use the machine as a
production copier, for regular document printing, its outstanding. I find
the duplex option very useful for printing documents which will be punched
and carried in 3-ring binders.

Scanning and fax are also excellent.

"Repeating Rifle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BED4D8B2.3E203%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to know how well poeople like the Brother MFC-8440 machine.

Is
> it worth getting a duplex printing version. I am just getting fed up with
> the cost and fuss of ink cartridges. I am willing to settle for a black

and
> white printer.
>
> Bill

bookrats

      21st Jun 2005
I'm looking between the Brother MFC-8440 and the HP 3020 (the HP lacks
the fax capability, but I'm not interested in this feature)

Both have generally good reputations, but Brother appears (from the
reviews I've been reading) to have a better track record with Mac
printer/faxing/scanning drivers.

Can anyone verify or deny this?

BTW, according to a review on Amazon.com, on the MFC-8440D (with Duplex
capability), the duplex printing is limited to 600dpi. Non-duplex is
higher.