brinnging data to excel via scanning a sheet.

=?Utf-8?B?c2FxaQ==?=

      24th Mar 2007
Can Excel read a scanned sheet and brinng information in .,? If yes Please
tell me how ..?

Nick Hodge

      24th Mar 2007
Undoubtedly yes. You do this with OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
software, not directly with Excel

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"saqi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can Excel read a scanned sheet and brinng information in .,? If yes Please
> tell me how ..?

=?Utf-8?B?c2FxaQ==?=

      24th Mar 2007

Great. Thanks much for your help nick..
"Nick Hodge" wrote:

> Undoubtedly yes. You do this with OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
> software, not directly with Excel
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> (E-Mail Removed)DTHIS
> www.nickhodge.co.uk
>

> "saqi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can Excel read a scanned sheet and brinng information in .,? If yes Please
> > tell me how ..?

=?Utf-8?B?SkxhdGhhbQ==?=

      28th Mar 2007
One of the best tools I've found for this is Omni Page:
http://www.nuance.com/omnipage/
not cheap, but it is good. It also does wonders at taking a .pdf file and
converting it back to a Word or Excel or other type of original document
(much better than Adobe's own "translate/save as" options do).