Bringing PC out of standby

Machinist60

      12th Aug 2012
I am running Nero Mediahome 4 under Win XP sp3 serving an LG Smart TV
Upgrader ST600. When the PC is in standby is there some setting that will
enable the ST600 to bring it out of standby.

Thanks, John.

SC Tom

      12th Aug 2012

"Machinist60" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:k08gqn$lo7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am running Nero Mediahome 4 under Win XP sp3 serving an LG Smart TV
> Upgrader ST600. When the PC is in standby is there some setting that will
> enable the ST600 to bring it out of standby.
>
> Thanks, John.

How is it connected to the PC? If it's an ethernet connection, enabling WOL
in BIOS and in Windows may do it.
--
SC Tom

Bert

      12th Aug 2012
In news:k08knm$ddk$(E-Mail Removed) "SC Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Machinist60" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:k08gqn$lo7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am running Nero Mediahome 4 under Win XP sp3 serving an LG Smart TV
>> Upgrader ST600. When the PC is in standby is there some setting that
>> will enable the ST600 to bring it out of standby.
>>
>> Thanks, John.

> How is it connected to the PC? If it's an ethernet connection,
> enabling WOL in BIOS and in Windows may do it.

Simply enabling it isn't enough. You have to send a special "magic
packet" to the sleeping machine in order to wake it up.

It's not particularly difficult, but either the TV set will have to do
it, or you'd have to send it from another PC every time you wanted to
wake up your server.

It might be simpler (although less power efficient) to simply let the
server run all the time.

--
(E-Mail Removed) St. Paul, MN

Machinist60

      13th Aug 2012
The connection is wifi. Nero allows the PC to go to standby if there is no
activity from the ST600 for the normal period before standby.
John.