Both scroll bars missing in 2007

spenyc

      3rd Jan 2008
I'm not really new to Excel, just to Excel 2007.

Anyway, I have the "show...scroll bar" boxes in Advanced Options, so that's
not it. They just aren't visible...and then suddenly they are, and then
they're not. And since I'm looking at the spreadsheet, I don't know what
action it is that shows or hides them automatically, which is what is
obviously happening.

Anybody know what this is all about?

thanks,

CLR

      4th Jan 2008
Could your various actions be triggering macros that could be doing it?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"spenyc" wrote:

> I'm not really new to Excel, just to Excel 2007.
>
> Anyway, I have the "show...scroll bar" boxes in Advanced Options, so that's
> not it. They just aren't visible...and then suddenly they are, and then
> they're not. And since I'm looking at the spreadsheet, I don't know what
> action it is that shows or hides them automatically, which is what is
> obviously happening.
>
> Anybody know what this is all about?
>
> thanks,

spenyc

      4th Jan 2008

"CLR" wrote:

> Could your various actions be triggering macros that could be doing it?
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3

Hola, Chuck!

Nope, I haven't had it long enough to even make any macros yet! However, I
did finally discover that, unlike Word, if you make the Excel window smaller
by some unknown factor, the scroll bars disappear off the sides of the
screen. Since I have dual screens, I found this out while dragging it to the
screen with the smaller resolution.

BUT...when I tried to reproduce the effect, it didn't happen. So that's nto
very satisfying. BUT...I got my scroll bars back, so that counts for
something!

Thanks for your prompt response,
> "spenyc" wrote:
>
> > I'm not really new to Excel, just to Excel 2007.
> >
> > Anyway, I have the "show...scroll bar" boxes in Advanced Options, so that's
> > not it. They just aren't visible...and then suddenly they are, and then
> > they're not. And since I'm looking at the spreadsheet, I don't know what
> > action it is that shows or hides them automatically, which is what is
> > obviously happening.
> >
> > Anybody know what this is all about?
> >
> > thanks,

CLR

      4th Jan 2008
You're welcome........glad you got it sorted.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"spenyc" wrote:

> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > Could your various actions be triggering macros that could be doing it?
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> Hola, Chuck!
>
> Nope, I haven't had it long enough to even make any macros yet! However, I
> did finally discover that, unlike Word, if you make the Excel window smaller
> by some unknown factor, the scroll bars disappear off the sides of the
> screen. Since I have dual screens, I found this out while dragging it to the
> screen with the smaller resolution.
>
> BUT...when I tried to reproduce the effect, it didn't happen. So that's nto
> very satisfying. BUT...I got my scroll bars back, so that counts for
> something!
>
> Thanks for your prompt response,
> > "spenyc" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not really new to Excel, just to Excel 2007.
> > >
> > > Anyway, I have the "show...scroll bar" boxes in Advanced Options, so that's
> > > not it. They just aren't visible...and then suddenly they are, and then
> > > they're not. And since I'm looking at the spreadsheet, I don't know what
> > > action it is that shows or hides them automatically, which is what is
> > > obviously happening.
> > >
> > > Anybody know what this is all about?
> > >
> > > thanks,

New Member

      2nd Dec 2009
Hi,

It's an old post but my team can't find solution.

All we use dual monitor with diferent resolution and drag and drop solution don't fix the problem.

For example open new worksheet without protection and move to cel AZ100 and don't show scroll bars.

Someone know other way?

Please help!

New Member

      27th Apr 2010
I discovered the solution was the same as was already posted. This disappearing scrollbar anomalie seems to occur more often with large graphs. When the minimize button is clicked, or some function occurs that causes the minimize action, the interior window positions itself so that the scroll bars are simply out of view. They haven't vanished. In most cases, you can just make out a piece of the top bar of the interior window. If you double-click that tiny piece of interior window bar, your interior window will restore to full size and the scroll-bars will have returned.