Will boot to Safe Mode. Will NOT boot in Normal or Safe with Netwo

Networks

      19th Jun 2009
Was running Avast in Normal Mode ,,,,at last check it had identified 128
virus/malware ,,,,,came back and it had shut itself down ,,,,,will NOT
boot in Normal or Safe with Networking ,,,,WILL boot to safe mode

In Normal and Safe with Networking,,, I have the Window Scroll followed by a
reboot

,,,,first assumption is that there is something common to the two (Normal
and Safe with Networking) ,,,,but am not sure where to look

Tried to use ReImage ,,,but XP Home with SP1 is not serviced by ReImage

,,,,,Question: Could (should??) I try to install SP2 in Safe Mode --- can
NOt find any reference to either doing or not doing this (this would allow me
to use ReImage I believe) ,,,,,do NOT wish to make things worse than they are

,,,,any and all suggestions are appreciated
--
Networks.Nssinc

Bill Daggett

      19th Jun 2009
Networks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Was running Avast in Normal Mode ,,,,at last check it had identified 128
>virus/malware ,,,,,came back and it had shut itself down ,,,,,will NOT
>boot in Normal or Safe with Networking ,,,,WILL boot to safe mode
>
>In Normal and Safe with Networking,,, I have the Window Scroll followed by a
>reboot
>
>,,,,first assumption is that there is something common to the two (Normal
>and Safe with Networking) ,,,,but am not sure where to look
>
>Tried to use ReImage ,,,but XP Home with SP1 is not serviced by ReImage
>
>,,,,,Question: Could (should??) I try to install SP2 in Safe Mode --- can
>NOt find any reference to either doing or not doing this (this would allow me
>to use ReImage I believe) ,,,,,do NOT wish to make things worse than they are
>
>,,,,any and all suggestions are appreciated

First suggestion: stop it with all the commas.

Networks

      19th Jun 2009
ok. Next?
--
Networks.Nssinc

"Bill Daggett" wrote:

> Networks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Was running Avast in Normal Mode ,,,,at last check it had identified 128
> >virus/malware ,,,,,came back and it had shut itself down ,,,,,will NOT
> >boot in Normal or Safe with Networking ,,,,WILL boot to safe mode
> >
> >In Normal and Safe with Networking,,, I have the Window Scroll followed by a
> >reboot
> >
> >,,,,first assumption is that there is something common to the two (Normal
> >and Safe with Networking) ,,,,but am not sure where to look
> >
> >Tried to use ReImage ,,,but XP Home with SP1 is not serviced by ReImage
> >
> >,,,,,Question: Could (should??) I try to install SP2 in Safe Mode --- can
> >NOt find any reference to either doing or not doing this (this would allow me
> >to use ReImage I believe) ,,,,,do NOT wish to make things worse than they are
> >
> >,,,,any and all suggestions are appreciated

> First suggestion: stop it with all the commas.

nass

      19th Jun 2009

Net is to try a System Restore in safe Mode or try with this live CD to scan
and clean the system from the infestation.
Dr.Web LiveCD
http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/

Make sure to backup first of this machine has a valuable data and
disconnnect from the server if it opperate in a work environment.
Make sure the server not screwed up and you have control on what the users
can and can't perform, it need just careless co-worker to spread the
infection through the share of funny screensavers?

"Networks" wrote:

> ok. Next?
> --
> Networks.Nssinc
>

> "Bill Daggett" wrote:
>
> > Networks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Was running Avast in Normal Mode ,,,,at last check it had identified 128
> > >virus/malware ,,,,,came back and it had shut itself down ,,,,,will NOT
> > >boot in Normal or Safe with Networking ,,,,WILL boot to safe mode
> > >
> > >In Normal and Safe with Networking,,, I have the Window Scroll followed by a
> > >reboot
> > >
> > >,,,,first assumption is that there is something common to the two (Normal
> > >and Safe with Networking) ,,,,but am not sure where to look
> > >
> > >Tried to use ReImage ,,,but XP Home with SP1 is not serviced by ReImage
> > >
> > >,,,,,Question: Could (should??) I try to install SP2 in Safe Mode --- can
> > >NOt find any reference to either doing or not doing this (this would allow me
> > >to use ReImage I believe) ,,,,,do NOT wish to make things worse than they are
> > >
> > >,,,,any and all suggestions are appreciated

> > First suggestion: stop it with all the commas.

Networks

      19th Jun 2009
Guten Tag .. ich war in deutchland fur zwei yarhe. However that was almost
30 years ago (Bad Kreuznach.) Is there an english translation for the
documentation?

--
Networks.Nssinc

"nass" wrote:

> Net is to try a System Restore in safe Mode or try with this live CD to scan
> and clean the system from the infestation.
> Dr.Web LiveCD
> http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/
>
> Make sure to backup first of this machine has a valuable data and
> disconnnect from the server if it opperate in a work environment.
> Make sure the server not screwed up and you have control on what the users
> can and can't perform, it need just careless co-worker to spread the
> infection through the share of funny screensavers?
>
> "Networks" wrote:
>
> > ok. Next?
> > --
> > Networks.Nssinc

> > > First suggestion: stop it with all the commas.

nass

      19th Jun 2009

was ist das und was genau wollen Sie?

It is your choice!!!

"Networks" wrote:

> Guten Tag .. ich war in deutchland fur zwei yarhe. However that was almost
> 30 years ago (Bad Kreuznach.) Is there an english translation for the
> documentation?
>
> --
> Networks.Nssinc
>

> "nass" wrote:
>

> > Net is to try a System Restore in safe Mode or try with this live CD to scan
> > and clean the system from the infestation.
> > Dr.Web LiveCD
> > http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/
> >
> > Make sure to backup first of this machine has a valuable data and
> > disconnnect from the server if it opperate in a work environment.
> > Make sure the server not screwed up and you have control on what the users
> > can and can't perform, it need just careless co-worker to spread the
> > infection through the share of funny screensavers?
> >
> > "Networks" wrote:
> >
> > > ok. Next?
> > > --
> > > Networks.Nssinc

Networks

      19th Jun 2009
I'm not sure (can't translate): (1.) download and burn to cd?; (2.) boot into
safe mode?

--
Networks.Nssinc

"nass" wrote:

> was ist das und was genau wollen Sie?
>
> It is your choice!!!
>

> "Networks" wrote:
>
> > Guten Tag .. ich war in deutchland fur zwei yarhe. However that was almost
> > 30 years ago (Bad Kreuznach.) Is there an english translation for the
> > documentation?
> >
> > --
> > Networks.Nssinc
> >

> > "nass" wrote:
> >

> > > Net is to try a System Restore in safe Mode or try with this live CD to scan
> > > and clean the system from the infestation.
> > > Dr.Web LiveCD
> > > http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/
> > >
> > > Make sure to backup first of this machine has a valuable data and
> > > disconnnect from the server if it opperate in a work environment.
> > > Make sure the server not screwed up and you have control on what the users
> > > can and can't perform, it need just careless co-worker to spread the
> > > infection through the share of funny screensavers?

nass

      19th Jun 2009

Try the First Optin in the List for the default to start with the live CD
and use the scanner.

Or as I said try to Restore the System in Safe Mode to a previous Restore
Point and you can start over cleaning this machine with your Tools to
disinfect it.

Avast has an option to start a Boot sector scan, did you select that when
you installed the app?