=?Utf-8?B?Q0dSWkFE?=

      24th Oct 2004
I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

Shenan Stanley

      24th Oct 2004
CGRZAD wrote:
> I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
> SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
> HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

When you edit the BOOT.INI file, try to turn off the caps lock, as I do not
know if the file is case sensitive or not. I am, but the file - who knows?
heh

HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

--
<- Shenan ->

bp

      24th Oct 2004
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 03:41:05 -0700, CGRZAD
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
>SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
>HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

If you want to get rid of an old entry use MSCONFIG for the run menu
select the boot.ini tab and select "check all boot paths"

=?Utf-8?B?SGFsbHkgTWFzdGVy?=

      25th Oct 2004

"CGRZAD" wrote:

> I REINSTALLED WIN XP AND NOW I HAVE 2 WINDOWS XP
> SHOWING DURING BOOTING.
> HOW TO ACCESS BOOT FILE AND DELET NOT ACTIVE WIN XP

edit %systemdrive%\boot.ini (e.g. c:\boot.ini)