Body of email message won't print

ldt

      24th Feb 2009
I was using WM without problems until one day, my inbox folders disappeared
and I was no longer able to print emails and web pages. On the emails, all
that would print was "Page 1 of 1", my name at the top (as usual) the "From,
To, Sent, Subject" and then the date at the bottom. I restored from my backup
and the inbox folders reappeared and I can print from the web, but the email
printing problem remains. I'm having to use a Yahoo Mail address to be able
to print any of my emails. Is there a way to fix this problem. I am new to
Windows Vista and Windows Mail.

FrancisZambia

      2nd Aug 2009

"ldt" wrote:

> I was using WM without problems until one day, my inbox folders disappeared
> and I was no longer able to print emails and web pages. On the emails, all
> that would print was "Page 1 of 1", my name at the top (as usual) the "From,
> To, Sent, Subject" and then the date at the bottom. I restored from my backup
> and the inbox folders reappeared and I can print from the web, but the email
> printing problem remains. I'm having to use a Yahoo Mail address to be able
> to print any of my emails. Is there a way to fix this problem. I am new to
> Windows Vista and Windows Mail.

FrancisZambia

      2nd Aug 2009
I have EXACTLY the same problem - I can print the headers only, but not the
body of the message. I tried contacting the printer manufacturer, but they
claim the problem must be the settings in the software - but I can't find
where to change them. ANY HELP OUT THERE?

"ldt" wrote:

> I was using WM without problems until one day, my inbox folders disappeared
> and I was no longer able to print emails and web pages. On the emails, all
> that would print was "Page 1 of 1", my name at the top (as usual) the "From,
> To, Sent, Subject" and then the date at the bottom. I restored from my backup
> and the inbox folders reappeared and I can print from the web, but the email
> printing problem remains. I'm having to use a Yahoo Mail address to be able
> to print any of my emails. Is there a way to fix this problem. I am new to
> Windows Vista and Windows Mail.

Gary VanderMolen

      27th Aug 2009
Upgrading to Windows Live Mail may help:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/VanderMolen

"704065" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have exactly the same problem no matter how I try to print. I've tried
> printing from the preview pane and an opened message using both the
> print button and the print option under the file menu.
>
> All I seem to be able to print from each email is the "To", "From",
> "Sent" and "Subject" lines at the top of the page.
>
> Short of reinstalling windows does anyone have any ideas?
>

> --
> 704065

Steve Cochran

      28th Aug 2009

Can you print from Internet Explorer? That is the print engine that WinMail
uses.

steve

"704065" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have exactly the same problem no matter how I try to print. I've tried
> printing from the preview pane and an opened message using both the
> print button and the print option under the file menu.
>
> All I seem to be able to print from each email is the "To", "From",
> "Sent" and "Subject" lines at the top of the page.
>
> Short of reinstalling windows does anyone have any ideas?
>

> --
> 704065

FrancisZambia

      13th Sep 2009
I checked, and can still print perfectly from Internet Explorer - but Windows
Mail still only prints the header (and Page Number footer) of email messages.
I might try that downloading of Windows Mail Live - but it appears to be the
same program... Is it different?

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

> Can you print from Internet Explorer? That is the print engine that WinMail
> uses.
>
> steve
>
> "704065" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I have exactly the same problem no matter how I try to print. I've tried
> > printing from the preview pane and an opened message using both the
> > print button and the print option under the file menu.
> >
> > All I seem to be able to print from each email is the "To", "From",
> > "Sent" and "Subject" lines at the top of the page.
> >
> > Short of reinstalling windows does anyone have any ideas?
> >

> > --
> > 704065

Sam Hobbs

      13th Sep 2009
Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail are different. The internals
(programming) of the two are very different. One critical difference is that
Microsoft fixes bugs in Windows Live Mail but the existing bugs in Windows
Mail will never be fixed.

"FrancisZambia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I checked, and can still print perfectly from Internet Explorer - but
>Windows
> Mail still only prints the header (and Page Number footer) of email
> messages.
> I might try that downloading of Windows Mail Live - but it appears to be
> the
> same program... Is it different?
>
> "Steve Cochran" wrote:
>
>> Can you print from Internet Explorer? That is the print engine that
>> WinMail
>> uses.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "704065" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > I have exactly the same problem no matter how I try to print. I've
>> > tried
>> > printing from the preview pane and an opened message using both the
>> > print button and the print option under the file menu.
>> >
>> > All I seem to be able to print from each email is the "To", "From",
>> > "Sent" and "Subject" lines at the top of the page.
>> >
>> > Short of reinstalling windows does anyone have any ideas?
>> >

>> > --
>> > 704065

Steve Cochran

      15th Sep 2009
There are a LOT of bugs in WLM that will never be fixed either. MS just
doesn't fix bugs.

steve

"Sam Hobbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail are different. The internals
> (programming) of the two are very different. One critical difference is
> that Microsoft fixes bugs in Windows Live Mail but the existing bugs in
> Windows Mail will never be fixed.
>

> "FrancisZambia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I checked, and can still print perfectly from Internet Explorer - but
>>Windows
>> Mail still only prints the header (and Page Number footer) of email
>> messages.
>> I might try that downloading of Windows Mail Live - but it appears to be
>> the
>> same program... Is it different?
>>
>> "Steve Cochran" wrote:
>>
>>> Can you print from Internet Explorer? That is the print engine that
>>> WinMail
>>> uses.
>>>
>>> steve
>>>
>>> "704065" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Steve Cochran

      15th Sep 2009
Try going to Start | Search and type

regsvr32 ole32.dll

and

regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

and see if that makes any difference.

steve

"FrancisZambia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I checked, and can still print perfectly from Internet Explorer - but
>Windows
> Mail still only prints the header (and Page Number footer) of email
> messages.
> I might try that downloading of Windows Mail Live - but it appears to be
> the
> same program... Is it different?
>
> "Steve Cochran" wrote:
>
>> Can you print from Internet Explorer? That is the print engine that
>> WinMail
>> uses.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "704065" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > I have exactly the same problem no matter how I try to print. I've
>> > tried
>> > printing from the preview pane and an opened message using both the
>> > print button and the print option under the file menu.
>> >
>> > All I seem to be able to print from each email is the "To", "From",
>> > "Sent" and "Subject" lines at the top of the page.
>> >
>> > Short of reinstalling windows does anyone have any ideas?
>> >

>> > --
>> > 704065

Sam Hobbs

      17th Sep 2009
The experts around here say that "Microsoft fixes bugs in Windows Live
Mail". Are you disagreeing with that? If so, then you are saying that
Microsoft does not fix any bugs in Windows Live Mail.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...