blurry on burned DVD but Fine in MovieMaker

babs

      31st May 2008
I seem to have the opposite problem usually posted. My slideshow - video in
MovieMaker works great in Movie Maker -saved as a video. with the .wmv
extension. When I tried to burn it onto a DVD it can't or wont do it. So I
downloaded a trial conversion software AVS Video Converter (have to purchase
it or get the logo throughout movie- any other ones you suggest that are
GOOD- Free and won't download a bunch of JUNK. I ask it to convert it to a
DVD file - there were other choices like MP3, Mpeg, AVI - I will do any file
type - just want to know which one won't be blurry that I CAN Burn onto My
DVD blank Discs and PLAY on our TV.

Going Crazy!!!
Thanks,
BARb

John Inzer

      31st May 2008
babs wrote:
> I seem to have the opposite problem usually posted. My slideshow -
> video in MovieMaker works great in Movie Maker -saved as a video.
> with the .wmv extension. When I tried to burn it onto a DVD it can't
> or wont do it. So I downloaded a trial conversion software AVS Video
> Converter (have to purchase it or get the logo throughout movie- any
> other ones you suggest that are GOOD- Free and won't download a bunch
> of JUNK. I ask it to convert it to a DVD file - there were other
> choices like MP3, Mpeg, AVI - I will do any file type - just want to
> know which one won't be blurry that I CAN Burn onto My DVD blank
> Discs and PLAY on our TV.
>
> Going Crazy!!!
> Thanks,
> BARb

======================================
(long message...keep scrolling)

I would suggest that you save your Movie Maker
project in the .avi format...

To save as an .avi movie file...
(and several other options)
Type...Ctrl+P to open the Save Movie Wizard /
Choose...My Computer /
Next /
Enter a Name and a Save Location /
Next /
Show More Choices /
Other Settings /
Open the drop window and choose...DV-AVI /
Next /
Wait while the movie is saved /
Finish...

Then download the following freebie and burn your DVD.

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

***Be sure to read the Guide***
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

Good Luck...

If you are still unhappy with the quality of the movie
on your TV...you might want to look into Custom
Profiles:

Personally, I like the following .wmv profile
when saving movies.
SlideShow-1024x768WMV9

Download from the following site...

Movie Maker 2 - Saving
Movies - Custom WMV Profiles
http://tinyurl.com/s2vgu
or...
http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-SavingMo...mProfiles.html

Right click / Save as...drop it in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles folder

More info:

Creating Custom Profiles
for Windows Movie Maker 2
http://tinyurl.com/cuny7
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...omprofile.mspx

Even more info
Windows Movie Maker
Custom Export Formats
http://tinyurl.com/dnylc
or...
http://www.jakeludington.com/project...t_formats.html

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

babs

      1st Jun 2008
John,

I saved it as the DV-Avi file in the save movie wizard onto my external
harddrive. I down loaded the DVD Flick and it often FREEZES UP?? when i try
to burn it to a dvd it says the file is too large - it is only a 20 minute
video with no bells and whistles. just songs pictures and transitions of
curling up as the slides are introduced. Help.

Any ideas on how I can get this to a DVD that I can view on the TV.

Thanks,
BARB

"John Inzer" wrote:

> [...]

> Finish...
>
> Then download the following freebie and burn your DVD.
>
> DVD Flick
> http://www.dvdflick.net/
>
> ***Be sure to read the Guide***
> http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php
>
> Good Luck...
>
> If you are still unhappy with the quality of the movie
> on your TV...you might want to look into Custom
> Profiles:
>
> Personally, I like the following .wmv profile
> when saving movies.
> SlideShow-1024x768WMV9
>
> Download from the following site...
>
> Movie Maker 2 - Saving
> Movies - Custom WMV Profiles
> http://tinyurl.com/s2vgu
> or...
> http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-SavingMo...mProfiles.html
>
> Right click / Save as...drop it in the following folder:
> C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\Profiles folder

John Inzer

      1st Jun 2008
babs wrote:
> John,
>
> I saved it as the DV-Avi file in the save movie wizard onto my
> external harddrive. I down loaded the DVD Flick and it often FREEZES
> UP?? when i try to burn it to a dvd it says the file is too large -
> it is only a 20 minute video with no bells and whistles. just songs
> pictures and transitions of curling up as the slides are introduced.
> Help.
>
> Any ideas on how I can get this to a DVD that I can view on the TV.
>
> Thanks,
> BARB

======================================
Sounds like you may have system resource issues.
Maybe more RAM would help and maybe maintenance
could help...Disk Cleanup, Error Checking, Defrag...

Might be worth a try to create a smaller project and
see if the issue persists. I'm guessing you did carefully
read the DVD Flick Guide?

Apparenty the file size of the .avi is causing the problem.
Maybe saving the file in the .wmv format would produce
a smaller file that would work better in DVD Flick. And
you may have compatibility issues with DVD Flick...I
really have no solution...I'm sorry.

Good luck.

--

John Inzer