Bluetooth networking

Karl

      7th May 2007
This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.

Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the internet or
does it have to attach to the main PC.?

Thanks

Conor

      7th May 2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Karl says...
> This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.
>
> Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the internet or
> does it have to attach to the main PC.?

Buy a Wireless ADSL Modem router and do the job properly. Bluetooth has
a range of a whopping 30ft which is drastically reduced by most things.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........

deKay

      7th May 2007
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 7 May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Conor <(E-Mail Removed)>
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>Buy a Wireless ADSL Modem router and do the job properly. Bluetooth has
>a range of a whopping 30ft which is drastically reduced by most things.

Hardly worth doing if it's a temporary thing, though, is it? (not that he's
said either way).

Also, it depends which class of bluetooth device(s) he's using as to the range
- there's three (one reaching 100m, in theory). And 30ft? That's out of my
house and down the garden, so should be plenty if his machines are near to
each other.

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

deKay

      7th May 2007
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 7 May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Karl"
<(E-Mail Removed)> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.
>
>Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the internet

Assuming you can tell your laptop to use the bluetooth connection for internet
access, and can enable ICS on bluetooth on your PC, I can't see why not.

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
"Zomoniac is wrong"

Karl

      7th May 2007

"deKay" <(E-Mail Removed)-gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 7

May
> 2007 12:20:50 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Karl"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>
> >This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.
> >
> >Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the internet

> Assuming you can tell your laptop to use the bluetooth connection for

internet
> access, and can enable ICS on bluetooth on your PC, I can't see why not.
>
> deKay
> --
> Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
> Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
> My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
> "Zomoniac is wrong"

Thanks deKay for a sensible answer ) it is only temperary as we will in
the future go wireless, but at the mo I was just playing with the idea of
using bluetooth on the laptop to access the internet.

deKay

      7th May 2007
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 7 May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Karl"
<(E-Mail Removed)> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

>> Assuming you can tell your laptop to use the bluetooth connection for

>internet
>> access, and can enable ICS on bluetooth on your PC, I can't see why not.

>Thanks deKay for a sensible answer ) it is only temperary as we will in
>the future go wireless, but at the mo I was just playing with the idea of
>using bluetooth on the laptop to access the internet.

Well, if it does work, be sure to report back!

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
"Zomoniac is wrong"

Peter Pan

      8th May 2007
Karl wrote:
> "deKay" <(E-Mail Removed)-gaming.nospam.org.uk.invalid> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des
>> Mon, 7 May 2007 12:20:50 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
>> uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Karl"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> fornis do marikano es bono tan el:
>>
>>> This PC is wired to another PC which goes out to the internet.
>>>
>>> Can I attach a bluetoothed laptop to this PC to also use the
>>> internet

>> Assuming you can tell your laptop to use the bluetooth connection
>> for internet access, and can enable ICS on bluetooth on your PC, I
>> can't see why not.
>>
>> deKay
>> --
>> Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
>> Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/
>> My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that
>> "Zomoniac is wrong"

> Thanks deKay for a sensible answer ) it is only temperary as we
> will in the future go wireless, but at the mo I was just playing with
> the idea of using bluetooth on the laptop to access the internet.

You may want to consider plan 'b'... I have both a wireless network AND an
anycom ap-2002 (bluetooth AP) plugged into the router (linksys wrt54g) to
give me BOTH wireless and bluetooth (why? Notebooks have wifi, but my PDA's
only have Bluetooth, so I have it set so I (and customers in my office) can
use both) Need details? try http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=105479 (not
the best price, but they have a pretty good description.. for price check
out http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...asterid=934028 about
$69)