How to bluetooth enable my PC

Brian

      22nd Aug 2003
As a newcomer to mobile computing. How do I enable my PC
to communicate with Bluetooth devices, such as a PDA and
mobile phone (both Bluetooth enabled)? Do I need to add
some kind of eqiupment to the PC ?

If it helps, the operating system on my machine is XP.

Many thanks

Brian Firth

Jeffrey Randow (MVP)

      25th Aug 2003
More than likely you would need to add a Bluetooth adapter to your
computer (some computers already have bluetooth included).

I use a Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter for my PPC.. It will come with
Bluetooth software that will help you connect to your devices...

Jeffrey Randow (Windows MVP - Networking & Smart Display)
(E-Mail Removed)

Remote Networking Technology Wiki -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Smart Display Support - http://www.smartdisplays.net

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:40:00 -0700, "Brian"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>As a newcomer to mobile computing. How do I enable my PC
>to communicate with Bluetooth devices, such as a PDA and
>mobile phone (both Bluetooth enabled)? Do I need to add
>some kind of eqiupment to the PC ?
>
>If it helps, the operating system on my machine is XP.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Brian Firth

pk2 pk2 is offline
New Member

      11th Mar 2006
how do i know if my toshiba a70-rx1 has bluetooth in it. I have recently bought a canon ip90 printer and the bluetooth adapter for it. It would be great it i could make it wireless with out using the infared. There is pretty much no range with the infared the computer and printer need to be side by side. Any ideas would be great thanks