Blue Tooth Support In Windows XP Embedded.

Ranga

      24th Apr 2004
Dear All,

Good Morning! Have a Nice Day.

Does Windows XP Embedded support Blue Tooth Devices? Or there any Blue
Tooth Stack available for Windows XP Embedded?

What are all needed, if need to give support to a Blue Tooth Keyboard
and Mouse in Windows XP Embedded?

Please help me in this regard.

With regards,
Ranga.

KM

      24th Apr 2004
Ranga,

As far as I know it is not there yet (not in SP1). However, things get changed in SP2.

--
KM,
BSquare Corporation

> Dear All,
>
> Good Morning! Have a Nice Day.
>
> Does Windows XP Embedded support Blue Tooth Devices? Or there any Blue
> Tooth Stack available for Windows XP Embedded?
>
> What are all needed, if need to give support to a Blue Tooth Keyboard
> and Mouse in Windows XP Embedded?
>
> Please help me in this regard.
>
> With regards,
> Ranga.

Ranga

      25th Apr 2004
Shall we componentise the BlueTooth Component in XPPro to XPe?

Have anyone componentised it?

Are there any guidelines for componentise the Bluetooth Driver Stack
from XP pro to XPe?

Please help me.

Where will the SP2 be released?

Thansk KM for your inputs.

"KM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#qGO$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Ranga,
>
> As far as I know it is not there yet (not in SP1). However, things get changed in SP2.
>
> --
> KM,
> BSquare Corporation
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Good Morning! Have a Nice Day.
> >
> > Does Windows XP Embedded support Blue Tooth Devices? Or there any Blue
> > Tooth Stack available for Windows XP Embedded?
> >
> > What are all needed, if need to give support to a Blue Tooth Keyboard
> > and Mouse in Windows XP Embedded?
> >
> > Please help me in this regard.
> >
> > With regards,
> > Ranga.

KM

      26th Apr 2004
Ranga,

> Shall we componentise the BlueTooth Component in XPPro to XPe?

If you need it immediately, the answer is Yes. I don't know, however, anything about the legal side of it (can you use XP Pro stuff
that is not in XPE Repository in your image without additional licensing?).

I don't think so. But check www.xpefiles.com.

> Are there any guidelines for componentise the Bluetooth Driver Stack from XP pro to XPe?

I haven't worked on that and therefore can't help you with it, sorry. My guess is that you should be pretty familiar with the
BlueTooth stack implmented recently by MS for XP Pro.

> Where will the SP2 be released?

Here is a quote from Andy Allred [MS]: "The embedded team's goal is a 30 day delta from the full product when it RTMs, so about a
month after XP-Pro SP2 ships.".
MS will tell you the exact dates.

> > Ranga,
> >
> > As far as I know it is not there yet (not in SP1). However, things get changed in SP2.

KM,
BSquare Corporation

Ranga

      27th Apr 2004
Hello,

Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
supported in XPe SP1, till now.

Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
Microsoft confirm this?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks KM for your response.

"KM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Ranga,
>
> > Shall we componentise the BlueTooth Component in XPPro to XPe?

> If you need it immediately, the answer is Yes. I don't know, however, anything about the legal side of it (can you use XP Pro stuff
> that is not in XPE Repository in your image without additional licensing?).
>
> > Have anyone componentised it?

> I don't think so. But check www.xpefiles.com.
>
> > Are there any guidelines for componentise the Bluetooth Driver Stack from XP pro to XPe?

> I haven't worked on that and therefore can't help you with it, sorry. My guess is that you should be pretty familiar with the
> BlueTooth stack implmented recently by MS for XP Pro.
>
> > Where will the SP2 be released?

> Here is a quote from Andy Allred [MS]: "The embedded team's goal is a 30 day delta from the full product when it RTMs, so about a
> month after XP-Pro SP2 ships.".
> MS will tell you the exact dates.
>
> > > Ranga,
> > >
> > > As far as I know it is not there yet (not in SP1). However, things get changed in SP2.

> KM,
> BSquare Corporation

Ranga

      29th Apr 2004
Hello,

Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
supported in XPe SP1, till now.

Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
from Microsoft confirm this?

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,
Ranga.

(E-Mail Removed) (Ranga) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
> supported in XPe SP1, till now.
>
> Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
> Microsoft confirm this?
>
> Please help me in this regard.
>
> Thanks KM for your response.
>
> "KM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Ranga,
> >
> > > Shall we componentise the BlueTooth Component in XPPro to XPe?

> > If you need it immediately, the answer is Yes. I don't know, however, anything about the legal side of it (can you use XP Pro stuff
> > that is not in XPE Repository in your image without additional licensing?).
> >
> > > Have anyone componentised it?

> > I don't think so. But check www.xpefiles.com.
> >
> > > Are there any guidelines for componentise the Bluetooth Driver Stack from XP pro to XPe?

> > I haven't worked on that and therefore can't help you with it, sorry. My guess is that you should be pretty familiar with the
> > BlueTooth stack implmented recently by MS for XP Pro.
> >
> > > Where will the SP2 be released?

> > Here is a quote from Andy Allred [MS]: "The embedded team's goal is a 30 day delta from the full product when it RTMs, so about a
> > month after XP-Pro SP2 ships.".
> > MS will tell you the exact dates.

> > KM,
> > BSquare Corporation

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

      29th Apr 2004
Ranga,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/bluetooth/b
luetooth/bluetooth_start_page.asp

Have you tried this on Windows XP SP1?
If it is working then you can make it work on XPe as well, I never used this
sorry.

Regards,
Slobodan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have an opinion on the effectiveness of Microsoft Embedded newsgroups? Tell
Microsoft!
https://www.windowsembeddedeval.com/...ity/newsgroups
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ranga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
> supported in XPe SP1, till now.
>
> Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
> from Microsoft confirm this?
>
> Please help me in this regard.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ranga.
>

> (E-Mail Removed) (Ranga) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
> > supported in XPe SP1, till now.
> >
> > Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
> > Microsoft confirm this?
> >
> > Please help me in this regard.
> >
> > Thanks KM for your response.
> >
> > "KM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > Ranga,

> > > If you need it immediately, the answer is Yes. I don't know, however,

anything about the legal side of it (can you use XP Pro stuff
> > > that is not in XPE Repository in your image without additional

licensing?).

> > > I don't think so. But check www.xpefiles.com.

from XP pro to XPe?

> > > I haven't worked on that and therefore can't help you with it, sorry.

My guess is that you should be pretty familiar with the
> > > BlueTooth stack implmented recently by MS for XP Pro.

> > > Here is a quote from Andy Allred [MS]: "The embedded team's goal is a

30 day delta from the full product when it RTMs, so about a
> > > month after XP-Pro SP2 ships.".
> > > MS will tell you the exact dates.

get changed in SP2.

> > > KM,
> > > BSquare Corporation

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

      29th Apr 2004
Ranga,

Some very old chat from October 2002:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/embe...ded_101502.asp

Host Guest_Jon_MS
Q: Will XPE have USB2, Firewire, Bluetooth support?

Host Guest_Jon_MS
A: We do support USB 2.0 and Firewire. Bluetooth will be supported in the
near future.

But if they did not implemented it in XPe by now, then you should do it
yourself.

Regards,
Slobodan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have an opinion on the effectiveness of Microsoft Embedded newsgroups? Tell
Microsoft!
https://www.windowsembeddedeval.com/...ity/newsgroups
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ranga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
> supported in XPe SP1, till now.
>
> Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
> from Microsoft confirm this?
>
> Please help me in this regard.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ranga.
>

> (E-Mail Removed) (Ranga) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone from Microsoft confirm that BlueTooth stack is not
> > supported in XPe SP1, till now.
> >
> > Will the support for Blue Tooth be provided as QFE? Could Any one
> > Microsoft confirm this?
> >
> > Please help me in this regard.
> >
> > Thanks KM for your response.
> >
> > "KM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > > Ranga,

> > > If you need it immediately, the answer is Yes. I don't know, however,

anything about the legal side of it (can you use XP Pro stuff
> > > that is not in XPE Repository in your image without additional

licensing?).

> > > I don't think so. But check www.xpefiles.com.

from XP pro to XPe?

> > > I haven't worked on that and therefore can't help you with it, sorry.

My guess is that you should be pretty familiar with the
> > > BlueTooth stack implmented recently by MS for XP Pro.

> > > Here is a quote from Andy Allred [MS]: "The embedded team's goal is a

30 day delta from the full product when it RTMs, so about a
> > > month after XP-Pro SP2 ships.".
> > > MS will tell you the exact dates.

get changed in SP2.

> > > KM,
> > > BSquare Corporation

KM

      29th Apr 2004
As I mention, SP2 will most likely have the component in it. Although MS
plans are subject to change.

Here is XP SP2 Bluetooth 1.1 announce:
http://www.iamnotageek.com/articles.php?aid=9&page=1
or here http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,113855,00.asp