PC Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.

Blue Screen on Desktop

12th Mar 2006
Hi.
If I get a Blue Screen on upstart, how can I install and use the programs you suggest? I can't even enter XP.
/Joddy

16th Mar 2006
Please forward to AndyManchesta,
as I cannot reply to him via the regular forum reply. It give me the reply window but doesnt allow me to enter any text in the window.
I followed your notes on getting rid of smitrem, and it appeared to have worked. Completely, I dont know . While I had the virus, ( and I still may have it) and now, after running your recommended software fixes: Norton 2006 would/will not load". When I go to Symantecs website, per the instructions in thier book, to get the recommended free virus scan, when I click " I agree to these terms and conditions..." the "NEXT" button becomes disabled and I cant activate it. So, it appears a virus is still in my PC. Also, I have dell 4100, 1.8, 512 meg, regular xp. I have never had to hit cntrl, alt delete, and if I do it, nothing happens. Everyone says that this should always take me to the task manager so that I can see what is running.

So, If I cant even use the brand new norton 2006 I just bought, how do I get my "guarantee" that is listed on the box. It wont work, you cant email anyone at symantec and they charge you to call them ? The store wont take it back.

Also, the to of every page on thsi website is red, I have to scroll down to find the forum notes > Thismay have to do with a virus I still have.

Also, I get the message ' Windows cant find c:\windows\inet20004\services.exe"

Olenman

18th Jun 2006
Hello there,

since yesterday i have spysheriff on my computer. My brother tried to remove it, but nothing worked. Now i read something about a system restore. Does anyone know how tod do that under windows2000? And does it effect my word/openoffice documents? I dont' know anything about computers, so its a littlebit frightening for me to remove things . And another question: can i safely use internet-banking and so on while spysheriff runs?

Greetings,

Pebbles

26th Jul 2008
Hi Andy.

Let me say, I was experiencing the same trouble Sid was, so I Googled the issue and encountered your help postings to Sid. Followed your advice step, by step and I'll be damn, it worked. I was sooo happy! You are a genius!!! Thank you . thank you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: