blue screen on boot after Windows Update

=?Utf-8?B?V2VuZHk=?=

      7th Nov 2004
I installed Windows update for Win2000Pro last night, and I have a blue
screen on reboot. Can't boot from CD to Repair or do new install - get blue
screen. can't boot in safe mood -- get blue screen. Error: stop: 0x000000A,
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Address 80444F93 base @ 80400000 Date stamp 40dld183
ntoskrnl.exe

Tried disabling BIOS memory caching no effect.
Tried switching out memory chips in all slots -- same blue screen on boot.

Any ideas? Thanks very much

=?Utf-8?B?bWFnaWNsdWNhcw==?=

      20th Dec 2004
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! Finally, I found someone with the EXACT problem
I've been having. Unfortunately, I have no solution, although I've been
trying everything I can think of for about 8 hours now. Spontaneous blue
screen with the exact STOP message that Wendy has mentioned. If anyone
(PLEASE!) has a solution, I'd be eternally grateful. Wendy? Any luck since
you posted?

I can be emailed at (E-Mail Removed), use Subject line: "Blue Screen".
Again, thank you thank you thank you to anyone in advance.