Blue band in XP

Ken

      30th Sep 2003
Suddenly I have a 2 inch wide vertical blue band on the left side of my
Recycle Bin, Control Panel, My Computer and other windows. Not my Desktop,
though. It lists File and Folder Tasks, Other Places, and Details. I
suppose someone thought this would be very helpful. I don't. Anyone know
how to get rid of this? Thanks.

M. Rajesh

      30th Sep 2003
hi,

That is a part of the new look and feel of windows xp and
is called the task bar. it shows u relevant commands that
are common to the folder which you open. this can be
turned off by switching to classic view. to do that click
on tools | Folder options and choose classic view.

regards
M. Rajesh
www.winxpsolution.com

Ken

      30th Sep 2003
That did it! Thanks.

news:17c801c3874e$bb3c83d0$(E-Mail Removed)...