Blue band on left

Ken

      15th Nov 2004
How do I get rid of a 2 inch wide blue band that is on the left side of my
screen in Favorites, Recycle Bin, Explorer and other windows? It appeared
after I had been in System Properties at the Advanced Tab and clicked on
Settings. I made a change but changed it back. Now this awful blue band
with File and Folder Tasks on top and other entries below. Obviously it's a
Windows thing. Please help.

Bruce Hagen

      15th Nov 2004
Control Panel>Folder Options>General Tab. Select: Use Windows Classic
Folders.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - (IE/OE)

"Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I get rid of a 2 inch wide blue band that is on the left side
> of my screen in Favorites, Recycle Bin, Explorer and other windows?
> It appeared after I had been in System Properties at the Advanced Tab
> and clicked on Settings. I made a change but changed it back. Now
> this awful blue band with File and Folder Tasks on top and other
> entries below. Obviously it's a Windows thing. Please help.

Ken

      15th Nov 2004
Bruce, THANK YOU. You don't know how long or how hard I've been trying to
correct this. Thanks again.
"Bruce Hagen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Control Panel>Folder Options>General Tab. Select: Use Windows Classic
> Folders.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "Ken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> How do I get rid of a 2 inch wide blue band that is on the left side of
>> my screen in Favorites, Recycle Bin, Explorer and other windows? It
>> appeared after I had been in System Properties at the Advanced Tab and
>> clicked on Settings. I made a change but changed it back. Now this
>> awful blue band with File and Folder Tasks on top and other entries
>> below. Obviously it's a Windows thing. Please help.

brutalzombie

      12th Dec 2004

guys i hope you can help i have the same problem but when i go int
control panel folder options it will not open to allow me to change th
general tab
any ideas
thanks
Bruce, THANK YOU. You don't know how long or how hard I've bee
trying to
correct this. Thanks again.
"Bruce Hagen" (E-Mail Removed)lid wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...[color=blue][i]
Control PanelFolder OptionsGeneral Tab. Select: Use Windows Classic
Folders.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

news:(E-Mail Removed)...[color=green][i]