block downloading of videos

=?Utf-8?B?RHViX0xvdmU=?=

      22nd Oct 2005
I have remembrance videos on my website. Is there any way to stop families
from downloading the video? I just want them to be able to watch it, and if
they want a copy of it, they'll have to order it through my video guy. Is
there any way to stop them from saving it? Thanks!

DI

      22nd Oct 2005
How do I stop people from viewing my code or copying my pictures

http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/noclick/index.php

http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/...ownloading.htm

http://www.jimcoaddins.com/protect.aspx

"Dub_Love" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have remembrance videos on my website. Is there any way to stop families
> from downloading the video? I just want them to be able to watch it, and
> if
> they want a copy of it, they'll have to order it through my video guy. Is
> there any way to stop them from saving it? Thanks!

p c

      23rd Oct 2005
What file format is the video? If you stream it, you can prevent them
from downloading it.

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/st.../overview.html

....PC

Dub_Love wrote:
> I have remembrance videos on my website. Is there any way to stop families
> from downloading the video? I just want them to be able to watch it, and if
> they want a copy of it, they'll have to order it through my video guy. Is
> there any way to stop them from saving it? Thanks!

DI

      23rd Oct 2005
The entire file is saved on your computer (usually in a temporary folder)

"p c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What file format is the video? If you stream it, you can prevent them from
> downloading it.
>
> http://www.mediacollege.com/video/st.../overview.html
>
> ...PC
>

> Dub_Love wrote:
>> I have remembrance videos on my website. Is there any way to stop
>> families from downloading the video? I just want them to be able to
>> watch it, and if they want a copy of it, they'll have to order it through
>> my video guy. Is there any way to stop them from saving it? Thanks!

DI

      23rd Oct 2005
Read and learn
http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/noclick/index.php

"p c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What file format is the video? If you stream it, you can prevent them from
> downloading it.
>
> http://www.mediacollege.com/video/st.../overview.html
>
> ...PC
>

> Dub_Love wrote:
>> I have remembrance videos on my website. Is there any way to stop
>> families from downloading the video? I just want them to be able to
>> watch it, and if they want a copy of it, they'll have to order it through
>> my video guy. Is there any way to stop them from saving it? Thanks!

fido

      23rd Oct 2005
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:14:22 -0400, "DI" <please post@this
newsgroup.com> wrote:

>Read and learn
>http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/noclick/index.php

Coming at the problem from another direction, why not let these
families download a short edited trailer video with sufficient
highlights to persuade them to buy the real thing? Tell them the
complete video is n minutes long and the file is way too big for
downloading. (Assuming it is, of course, as it must be if you're
hoping to charge money for it.)

fido

p c

      24th Oct 2005
True. And like I said, if you stream it (the video-not a picture), you
can prevent them from "downloading" it (the video file in format to
reuse it on the their machine).

This is how news and tv stations present their video clips. Soem people
know how to capture straming video but the average user does not.

...PC

DI wrote:

> Read and learn
> http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/noclick/index.php
>

> "p c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>What file format is the video? If you stream it, you can prevent them from
>>downloading it.
>>
>>http://www.mediacollege.com/video/st.../overview.html
>>
>>...PC
>>

>>Dub_Love wrote:
>>
>>>I have remembrance videos on my website. Is there any way to stop
>>>families from downloading the video? I just want them to be able to
>>>watch it, and if they want a copy of it, they'll have to order it through
>>>my video guy. Is there any way to stop them from saving it? Thanks!

Trevor L.

      24th Oct 2005
I have wondered about streaming. It seems to be what I could use, but how do
you set it up?
Is it dependent on your webste provider, or can anyone do it?

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

p c wrote:
> True. And like I said, if you stream it (the video-not a picture), you
> can prevent them from "downloading" it (the video file in format to
> reuse it on the their machine).
>
> This is how news and tv stations present their video clips. Soem
> people know how to capture straming video but the average user does
> not.
> ..PC
>
> DI wrote:
>
>> Read and learn
>> http://www.digitalmidget.com/help/noclick/index.php
>>

>> "p c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> What file format is the video? If you stream it, you can prevent
>>> them from downloading it.
>>>
>>> http://www.mediacollege.com/video/st.../overview.html
>>>
>>> ...PC

p c

      24th Oct 2005
Again, here's one overview of the options.

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/st.../overview.html

Do a google search for jow to stream video.

...PC

p c wrote:
> Again, here's one overview of the options.
>
> http://www.mediacollege.com/video/st.../overview.html
>
> Do a google search for jow to stream video.
>
> ..PC
>
> Trevor L. wrote:
>
>> I have wondered about streaming. It seems to be what I could use,
>> but how do you set it up?
>> Is it dependent on your webste provider, or can anyone do it?

I tried the method described here, and while it worked fine on my hard disk,
it doesn't on the web
The code is
<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
width="320" height="250"
codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
<param name="src" value="images/carole-and-tammy.mov">
<param name="autoplay" value="true">
<param name="controller" value="false">
<embed src="images/carole-and-tammy.mov"
width="320" height="250"
autoplay="true" controller="false"
pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/">
</embed>