how to block clock change ?

=?Utf-8?B?Ym9nZGFu?=

      11th May 2005
how can I prevent users on the network form changing their clock at the
taskbar? all users are on xp pro and win 98 1 edition with server 2K. is
there a way do do this on individual pc's or it has to be done with a policy?
also, how do i create such policy?

Shenan Stanley

      11th May 2005
bogdan wrote:
> how can I prevent users on the network form changing their clock at
> the taskbar? all users are on xp pro and win 98 1 edition with
> server 2K. is there a way do do this on individual pc's or it has to
> be done with a policy? also, how do i create such policy?

Please crosspost for future questions.
Multiposting is painful.

Extrapolate backwards..
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kba...ystemtime.html

Also - your Windows 98 clients - they can do what they want when they want
(locally) unless you have installed third party applications preventing it.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

=?Utf-8?B?Qnl0ZQ==?=

      11th May 2005
Clock Guard software to prevent changing or tampering with the system clock
http://members.aol.com/Leithauser/cg.html
--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"bogdan" wrote:

> how can I prevent users on the network form changing their clock at the
> taskbar? all users are on xp pro and win 98 1 edition with server 2K. is
> there a way do do this on individual pc's or it has to be done with a policy?
> also, how do i create such policy?

WTC

      11th May 2005
"bogdan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how can I prevent users on the network form changing their clock at
> the
> taskbar? all users are on xp pro and win 98 1 edition with server 2K.
> is
> there a way do do this on individual pc's or it has to be done with a
> policy?
> also, how do i create such policy?

Use the Local Security Policy (XP Pro) to set user/group permissions to
change the system clock.

Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > Change the
system time.

--
William