Blackjack game from old entertainment pack

Vinny

      17th Jul 2003
How can I install the Blackjack game from the Microsoft
Entertainment Pack 4 in XP Professional?

I copied the exe and the wep4util.dll from my old Win 98
machine. I placed the dll in system32 and received a
error message when I attempeted to run the program. I
then placed it in system - same result.

The error message said...
"cannot load in the 16-bit windows subsystem"

I really like this version of blackjack and would like to
use it in XP Pro.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy S.

      1st Aug 2003
Glad to be of service! :-)

"Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message news:ugw$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi Vinny,
|
| I hope this helps you get a Blackjack..
|
| Try creating a folder just for the game, and copying
| the support files and the game exe into that folder and
| then use Windows 98 compatibility mode to run it. :-)
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Jimmy S.
|
| Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
| Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
| Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
| _________________________________________________________
|
| "Vinny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:070e01c34c7b$76fdf8b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
| | How can I install the Blackjack game from the Microsoft
| | Entertainment Pack 4 in XP Professional?
| |
| | I copied the exe and the wep4util.dll from my old Win 98
| | machine. I placed the dll in system32 and received a
| | error message when I attempeted to run the program. I
| | then placed it in system - same result.
| |
| | The error message said...
| | "cannot load in the 16-bit windows subsystem"
| |
| | I really like this version of blackjack and would like to
| | use it in XP Pro.
| |
| | Can anyone help?
| |