Beta1 not clearing threats

Andrew

      20th Feb 2005
Hi,
I installed Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta 1 and it cleared
lots of spyware from my laptop which Lavasoft Adaware Pro
could not do.
But, there are still 2 spywares which Beta1 is detecting
but not able to clean inspite of sending to the Spynet
Community (I doubt whether these browser hijackers are at
all allowing this to happen or not). But on
clicking 'Next' it is showing that the spywares
are 'Cleaned' but upon immediate scanning, the same
spyware is again getting detected.

Thanks

maryann

      20th Feb 2005
I had a similar problem with clearing bad guys. I had to
do them one at a time with a reboot after each one. Took
only 2 reboots... but worked great.

      23rd Feb 2005
I have the same problem. Please advise if anyone knows
what to do.

Bill Sanderson

      24th Feb 2005
My general advice if Microsoft Antispyware identifies a threat, says that it
is cleaning it, but the same threat comes back immediately, is:

restart the system in Safe mode, by pressing the F8 function key before the
initial Windows screen appears. Log in as administrator.

Do full, deep scans until one comes through clean--perhaps two or more
scans. I may also be a good idea to update your antivirus definition before
restarting in safe mode, and do a virus scan at the same time.

If this safe mode scanning process doesn't do the job, please post back to
this thread, or at least these groups, and specify the name of the threat as
Microsoft Antispyware has identified it, and what happens--i.e. you've
scanned umpteen times and it keeps coming back.

--
FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

news:0c3501c519ba$8ba5af70$(E-Mail Removed)...