PC Review

The best internet search engine?

5th Jan 2012
After my experience with the devils messenger namely Yahoo and getting rid of it as it was bundled with software I purchased, what are the best search engines and why. For example I use Chrome but it does seem to put a lot of cookies (spying & tracking) on the PC when one searches. So I wondered what others peoples opinions were.

Silly Fool

5th Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootneck02 View Post
After my experience with the devils messenger namely Yahoo and getting rid of it as it was bundled with software I purchased, what are the best search engines and why. For example I use Chrome but it does seem to put a lot of cookies (spying & tracking) on the PC when one searches. So I wondered what others peoples opinions were.
Chrome is your browser, the likes of Google, Bing, Yahoo, those are the search engines :-)

I use Google becauseit does what I want it to

sugar 'n spikes

5th Jan 2012
I'm generally happy with Google, haven't found anything to better it so far.

I might just try this Chrome browser, I reckon they've been around long enough to have sorted the bugs and I genuinely do not like IE9. I've tried to like IE9 but it is unintuitive, to say the least, much prefer IE8.

So, let's try Chrome, I just hope it uninstalls cleanly if I don't like it.

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

Captain Crunchie, Retired

5th Jan 2012
aye ... Chrome is the Tinternet Browser, and you will find it can use any of the 'search engines' out there. It does like to use Google as the default, fine by me.

I've used Chrome since Beta, I like it.

Google is fine for searching for stuff, usually spot on first time.

I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Hon. Acoustical Engineer

5th Jan 2012
Have used Chrome since it came out and is very fast and not bloated like others, however my choice of browser remains Firefox as it has all the bells and whistles that I need for various things, especially browser bookmarks and some useful add-ons.

Google is the choice of search engines, never needed anything else.

Yorkshire Cruncher

5th Jan 2012
GOOGLE.

Used to use Yahoo years ago but much prefer Google.

System Spec

Colossus 1943 Version 1.0

Crunchie Cat

5th Jan 2012
I too, am another Google fan I've never really liked any of the others.

Rocket Scientist

5th Jan 2012
Another vote for Google from me. Bing seems much better than it used to be, but I still prefer Google overall

@120Hz

5th Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Another vote for Google from me. Bing seems much better than it used to be, but I still prefer Google overall
+1

Gigabyte Z87X-OC | i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair H80i | 16Gb TeamGroup Vulcan Orange
EVGA 780 FTW | Creative X-FI Titanium HD | 500Gb Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB's of Storage
Corsair HX850 | Logitech G25 | Ducky Shine III | Deathadder 2013 | Wireless 360 Pad
Corsair Carbide 300R | BenQ XL2420T | Acoustic Energy Aego M | Windows 8.1 64 Bit

5th Jan 2012
I too am a Google fan,never used any thing else.
historian

On my 77th year in orbit around the sun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: