BenQ FP 737 / 931 Owner Comments Please?

Barney Rubble

      5th Dec 2004
Hi all,
What a relief to find a group discussing LCDs! I've been searching for a
while and I was beginning to wonder if one existed!
Firstly I'm debating between the 2 above screens and would appreciate
comments from current owners.

Secondly I have a question regarding resolution. My current CRT is running
at 1024 x 768 and is quite comfortable for me. My desk is such that I sit
approx 30" back from the screen , although I can move closer of course. I
set the resolution of my current monitor to 1280 x 1024 and it's just too
small from my current vantage point. My question is - Will 1280 x 1024
appear 'larger' on a 17" LCD than it does on my CRT or will I have to get
the 19" for comfortable viewing ?

Many Thanks
Barney.

J. Clarke

      6th Dec 2004
Barney Rubble wrote:

> Hi all,
> What a relief to find a group discussing LCDs! I've been searching for a
> while and I was beginning to wonder if one existed!
> Firstly I'm debating between the 2 above screens and would appreciate
> comments from current owners.
>
> Secondly I have a question regarding resolution. My current CRT is running
> at 1024 x 768 and is quite comfortable for me. My desk is such that I sit
> approx 30" back from the screen , although I can move closer of course. I
> set the resolution of my current monitor to 1280 x 1024 and it's just too
> small from my current vantage point. My question is - Will 1280 x 1024
> appear 'larger' on a 17" LCD than it does on my CRT or will I have to get
> the 19" for comfortable viewing ?

If your current monitor is a 17" CRT then the image on a 17" LCD will be
3/4" to 1" larger. Whether that's enough nobody can answer for you because
we don't have your eyes.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)