BELLSOUTH.NET email account

panation

      23rd Dec 2008
I have Bellsouth.net internet and email, but I no longer have a Outlook
express ICON or access from my new computer with Windows Vista Basic. How
do I get my email account messages, folders, contacts and etc to migrate to
the new email Windows Mail or is that possible? Also how do I get my
existing messages on the BellSouth.net website that's waiting to drop to my
Outlook account to drop to my Windows Mail instead? My email address is the
same (E-Mail Removed).

Gary VanderMolen

      24th Dec 2008
Email does not "drop" to a specific email program.
Email is a universal protocol. A POP mail account can be
accessed from any email program.

All you need to do is copy your settings in Outlook to the equivalent
setting in a Windows Mail account. Or you can follow the directions
from your provider:
http://support.att.net/bellsouth/asp...2D121587e364c2

Also, if your copy of Outlook is version 2003 or later, you can install
it on your Vista computer.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"panation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Bellsouth.net internet and email, but I no longer have a Outlook express ICON or access from my new computer with Windows
>Vista Basic. How do I get my email account messages, folders, contacts and etc to migrate to the new email Windows Mail or is
>that possible? Also how do I get my existing messages on the BellSouth.net website that's waiting to drop to my Outlook account
>to drop to my Windows Mail instead? My email address is the same (E-Mail Removed).

Rayford Hudson IV

      24th Dec 2008
how do i set up an email

"panation" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Bellsouth.net internet and email, but I no longer have a Outlook
>express ICON or access from my new computer with Windows Vista Basic. How
>do I get my email account messages, folders, contacts and etc to migrate to
>the new email Windows Mail or is that possible? Also how do I get my
>existing messages on the BellSouth.net website that's waiting to drop to my
>Outlook account to drop to my Windows Mail instead? My email address is
>the same (E-Mail Removed).

Gary VanderMolen

      24th Dec 2008
That depends on who your mail provider is.
You posted in a Bellsouth thread, yet it appears you have a Yahoo
email account.
US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP
access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not webmail.

Yahoo's solution is to pay Yahoo to get their premium "Mail Plus" service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...iew/index.html
and use the special settings for that service:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-14.html

If you are OK with using a non-Yahoo email address, you have three other
solutions:
* Use the email address assigned to you by your ISP.
* Get a free Gmail account.
* Get a free Hotmail/Live account, and use it with the Windows Live Mail email program.